• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Do You Sync an Aria with iTunes?

Meohme3

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
I wanted music on my phone, thought it was simple enough to copy and paste the files into a 'Music Folder' But, that wasn't all of my music, because a majority of my music was bought on iTunes for when I had my iPod... so, how do I get all of those MP3/Album Cover files onto my HTC Aria? (Android 2.1)

Are the songs you purchased on iTunes DRM (digital rights mgmt) locked or free?

If not restricted somehow, you should be able to drag'n'drop copy from your iTunes folder to the Aria without problems.

I wanted music on my phone, thought it was simple enough to copy and paste the files into a 'Music Folder' But, that wasn't all of my music, because a majority of my music was bought on iTunes for when I had my iPod... so, how do I get all of those MP3/Album Cover files onto my HTC Aria? (Android 2.1)

Upvote 0
It has been a while since I've done it, because I absolutely hate iTunes and how Apple locks your music to your computer, but if you go to your current iTunes music folder you should be able to find the music files with all of their names a seemingly random string of letters that I wasn't able to decipher.

But, if you go into iTunes, there is an option in the menu to convert all of your music into mp3's. It is either in the tools, properties, or one of the other menu tabs. It has been at least 3 years since I've done this on mine, and I haven't bought music through iTunes since then. When I get home, I will let you know the full path to find the option.

Once you convert your music to mp3's, you should be able to drag-and-drop the files onto your phone like the rest of your music. I am unsure how, or if this will get the album covers as well, because I have never cared about that myself to find out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones