1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how do you tell if you are getting 3.5g on the aria?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarcMaiden, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    Bay Area, ca
    Im just curious because I hear some people saying that sometimes they get less bars on the aria than other phones,

but because this one works on a higher level of 3g, does that mean that full bars = hspa connection? because when I have 2 bars of 3g i still get fast down speeds, but when i get 4 bars, its just blazing fast.

it would be cool if someone knew the answer to this so I could tell my customers that.

oh, and yes, i do know that hspa is not available everywhere

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Is HSPA+ rolled out everywhere on AT&T's network? Is anyone using the Aria in a "known" HSPA+ AT&T area to confirm?

FWIW, my n900 has always switched to 3.5G when using data, when in a 3G area. The icon stays at 3G for calls, then switches to 3.5G when data is transfered...unless in a 2G/2.5G area, ever since I got my phone in Dec. Not sure when T-Mo switched to HSPA+ in my area, but the 7Mbs speeds were not active until last month sometime. Even though my icon says 3.5G, I average 900Kbs down, and 400Kbs up. If I travel 3 miles north of my house, I get 7Mbs + download speeds.

Tags: