• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you think the Supersonic will compare to the Hero "size wise"

Definitely gonna get it. How does the yearly upgrade work? Meaning do you get the same deal as a new customer? If that's the case, December is a long time!!!

As far as size... The Supersonic from everything i have researched, read, and drooled over have been saying a 4.3 screen. Oh yeah baby, if this thing is real (for da hating skeptics, LOL) or even close to what we've seen through info, pics, and those cheesy youtube videos... It will be mine...

Upvote 0
I'll upgrade in October, just like so many of us Hero owners that bought the Hero in October lol (and there seems to be a LOT of us). With any luck, it'll be easily rootable, whether it needs it or not. I can't resist tweaking these damn phones lol.

It's definitely bigger, and I'm a bit worried it'll be TOO big for my liking...the Hero seems to be just about the perfect size for me, fits in my pocket nicely :)

Upvote 0
its rumored to be somewhere in between the neighborhood of the HD2 since it basically has the same "chassis" but of course HTC could and prolly will make cosmetic changes to Sprints final version like they did the Hero. Check for urself http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/zdnet-htc-super-sonic.jpg I'm not gonna jump right on it when it comes out. I'll wait for HTC to iron out the majority of the wrinkles nd plus i so got burned on the Hero when Best Buy dropped it to $99 exactly one month after i bought mine from Sprint. The 2.1 update will mostly be a UI polish with some bug fixes still left in the updated 1.5. Obviously no hardware changes. I'm perfectly fine with my rooted Hero right now nd I can't imagine that would change with 2.1 so i'm in no rush to get the Supersonic when it comes out. Not to mention i'm sure its gonna be as much as the Touch Pro 2 or more even with a 2 yr agreement so its gonna be a chunk of change which i'm not gonna spend just to say i got the latest Sprint phone when it first came out. Plus WIMAX isnt even available in my area yet.

Upvote 0
Hoping it is the same size. The Nexus is too big. One of the few things I didn't like about the iPhone was that it was more suited for purses.

same size lol...it has a 4.3in screen! that is a 34% increase in screen size compared to the hero.

As soon as the Supersonic is officially announced you will see my Hero on ebay...it is a great little phone, but the concept of the Supersonic is brilliant.

here is what you can probably expect regarding the size. notice how it will probably be thinner than the iphone and hero, that is pretty cool imo.

comparison.jpg

Upvote 0
same size lol...it has a 4.3in screen! that is a 34% increase in screen size compared to the hero.

As soon as the Supersonic is officially announced you will see my Hero on ebay...it is a great little phone, but the concept of the Supersonic is brilliant.

here is what you can probably expect regarding the size. notice how it will probably be thinner than the iphone and hero, that is pretty cool imo.

comparison.jpg

It's huge! It's like an iPad.

Upvote 0
I'll be sticking with the Hero, that thing is too big for my pocket, one of the reasons that steered me from getting an iPhone. I never even heard of Android before I got my Hero 6 weeks ago, but I'll probly stick with it on my next upgrade. I just hope they come out with something similar in size to the Hero with more powerful hardware when I'm ready to upgrade. A big screen is nice, just not practical for carrying in my pants. I'm still adjusting to the Hero since I came from a small Nokia flip phone.

Upvote 0
I'll be sticking with the Hero, that thing is too big for my pocket, one of the reasons that steered me from getting an iPhone. I never even heard of Android before I got my Hero 6 weeks ago, but I'll probly stick with it on my next upgrade. I just hope they come out with something similar in size to the Hero with more powerful hardware when I'm ready to upgrade. A big screen is nice, just not practical for carrying in my pants. I'm still adjusting to the Hero since I came from a small Nokia flip phone.

I am sort of in the same boat. I think size-wise, the Hero is PERFECT! The Supersonic is going to be one bad ass phone, but it looks borderline way too big. I too hope Sprint releases, in the future, a more powerful phone that is the size of the Hero.

Upvote 0
as I'm reading this again I realize a Win7 phone with similar design specs might be the better choice, I'm sincerely impressed with the direction they are headed
I like the Windows 7 series as well, but you will lose your customization. The Android OS is simple, and you will be stuck with a limited market place and phone freezez. But knowing some of you guys you will take it and put Android OS on it anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones