• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you trim the ringtone on the EVO

actually senseUI has a built-in ringtone trimmer. when you're playing a song click Menu. there should be a "Use as ringtone" option. select that and a popup should come up asking you whether you want to trim it. select that and the trimmer should open. Trim away! :)
p.s. Ringdroid is good too though!

Upvote 0
actually senseUI has a built-in ringtone trimmer. when you're playing a song click Menu. there should be a "Use as ringtone" option. select that and a popup should come up asking you whether you want to trim it. select that and the trimmer should open. Trim away! :)
p.s. Ringdroid is good too though!

I don't see this option on the the EVO. Has anyone seen it or know where it is? This would really be great to use.

Upvote 0
actually senseUI has a built-in ringtone trimmer. when you're playing a song click Menu. there should be a "Use as ringtone" option. select that and a

I don't see this option on the the EVO. Has anyone seen it or know where it is? This would really be great to use.
i dont have an evo but i used it when i had the desire rom on my N1. my instructions may not be accurate but i know i did it from the music player. they may have taken it out of the evo but i hope not

Upvote 0
I keep reading everywhere to trim a ringtone on the EVO, to play the song, press menu and then 3 options come up. Set as ringtone, set for contact and trim ringtone. I even saw a picture of the screen somewhere on this site. Mine does not have the trim ringtone option. Am I missing something here, or do I need to download something else or do I have a defective phone? This is very frustrating.

Upvote 0
I keep reading everywhere to trim a ringtone on the EVO, to play the song, press menu and then 3 options come up. Set as ringtone, set for contact and trim ringtone. I even saw a picture of the screen somewhere on this site. Mine does not have the trim ringtone option. Am I missing something here, or do I need to download something else or do I have a defective phone? This is very frustrating.

This may be too late, but for others who are searching for an answer to this problem I have found that with my HTC Evo 3d, it will play any audio format, but if you want to be able to trim and edit it for a ringtone the song must be in mp3 format. A lot of music (especially those bought from itunes) are in mp4 which then you cannot trim as a song. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones