1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do you turn off the camera?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hotrod4x5, Jun 2, 2011.

1. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Ok, I take a photo. I click share, I go to email it. I come back, camera is still on. I click the back button, I click the home button. I go to home screen. I go to the task manager to look and the camera is still running. What button do I shut it off with, without having to go to task manager?

Advertisement

2. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, obviously we have no physical buttons on our Captivate's for anything regarding camera. And there are no close functions in the native camera application to my knowledge. So I would say if you feel the need to end the application completely after each use, just use your task manager / killer. If not, just let it rest in the background like the phone was designed to do. After all, this isn't Windows.

3. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    So it's ok to leave these aps running? I am new to the world of smart phones. Does this take more battery power? Does it cause other aps to run slower if several are running that I am not even using?

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    Android uses its memory very wisely and its battery also. you can leave the stuff running and wont lose any battery life or slow the phone down. if there is a game or something you backed out of by pressing home though it will stay in the background and use up battery usually. holding the home key and pressing task manager and looking to see if anything is running so you may want to check it from time to time, other than that though you really dont have to worry about it

hotrod4x5 likes this.
  5. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, there's a lot of debate over the whole "task killer" thing. Some people praise the task killers, saying they wouldn't know what to do without them. Many others disregard them, saying they actually do more harm to your phone than good. In the end, they're both probably right, at least to some degree.

I haven't read too much about the truth behind the debate, but basically I've come to conclude that using task killers are perfectly fine if you gain a sense of satisfaction and ease from closing applications after use. On the other hand, if you're killing them because you think they need to be closed, then you're most likely wasting your time and slowing down your phone a little bit (because a few apps will just start back up automatically).

6. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. And also for the tip about holding down the home button! I learn something about this phone every day it seems. I am going to start holding down all the buttons to see what happens.