1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do you undo whitescreen of death after attempting to mod HTC Wildfire S?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LyleVertigo, Oct 15, 2013.

1. LyleVertigo

LyleVertigo Lurker

I'm attempting to mod my HTC Wildfire S 510c and to run system off of partitioned SD card.

However, I've run into some problems.

Unlocking bootloader took a little time but was easy. Completed Successfully.
    Installed Clockwork Manager cm-10.1-20130703-4.3-F-NIGHTLY-marvel through zip installer. Completed
    Rooted system via Supertools v3 zerg. Installation said completed but phone boot still shows S-On
    Partitioned SD card for 2gb.

This is where things went south, I then followed this guide to increase the internal memory using my SD card.
    When I completed the steps and rebooted I received the white screen of death.

I've tried other Roms thinking that it might have been corrupt but this wasn't the case.
    Prior to the hangup I checked root status using Root Checker and it said "System Rooted"
    I then thought to try to set everything back to stock (relock, oem, RUU, ect.) but it only allowed me to relock.
    This caused the phone to cycle if I start it up.
    I repartitioned the hard drive, formatted everything and then did these steps:

1. Re-unlocked √
    2. Wipe date/Factory Reset √
    3. Wipe Cache Partition √
    4. Flashed cm-10.1-20130703-4.3-F-NIGHTLY-marvel √
    5. Reboot System Now (Hangs on HTC white screen) - pulled battery out to turn off
    6. Went back into bootloader -> CWM and installed INT2EXTV2+ via zip installer (selected no for SWAP2INT) √
    7. Reboot - Hangs on HTC white screen. X

This stopped the cycling but now I'm back to the original problem of the hangup.

If I knew what was causing the hangup then I could find out how to correct it, but seeing how there are so many different guides, each using different Rom, rooting, S-off, data-transfering software it feels impossible to figure out what else to do.

The current status on phone reads:

*** UNLOCKED ***
    MARVELC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.10.0001
    MICROP-0354
    RADIO-0.94.00.0109
    Apr 17 2012, 10:21:30

Any help is appreciated, but please be as specific and detailed as possible, even if it feels necessary. I want to be absolutely sure that there is no room for misunderstanding. Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews