• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do you unroot?

B

budmonster

How do you unroot the Rezound after you the HTCdev method? I have SU installed and need to remove root entirely and lock the bootloader back up so I can return my Rezound for a new one. I need to do this tonight.

I'd appreciate some help or a hand in the right direction, a guide/tutorial, whatever.

Thanks a lot guys!

How do you unroot the Rezound after you the HTCdev method? I have SU installed and need to remove root entirely and lock the bootloader back up so I can return my Rezound for a new one. I need to do this tonight.

I'd appreciate some help or a hand in the right direction, a guide/tutorial, whatever.

Thanks a lot guys!

uninstall superuser
fastboot oem lock the phone in hboot just like you did to unlock it.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
so i typed the command fastboot oem lock and now I have in pink at the top of the phone **Relocked**
**Security Warning**

and it won't boot past the boot loader

also when I run the RUU to return to stock, it says main version too old

the relocked and security warning are typical of what happens when you lock the bootloader while on custom or modified software. the bootloader and radio are checking each other,and the software when s-on and it will NOT boot anything but the current software,thus trapping you in fastboot/hboot.

what is your hboot, and what RUU are you trying to run? if youre on OTA firmware(hboot 2.11.0000) then you will have to run that RUU(2.01.605.11),you cant run an older one. the bootloader should allow the RUU that matches itself to flash,even if it finds a higher main version number in custom software. :eek:

your 2 options when you have a security warning are:
1)run the appropriate RUU
2)re-unlock. you can use your original unlock code. :)

hope that helps :)

edit: if youre trying to run a PH98IMG,you might try running the .exe and see if it behaves any differently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones