• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you use you filemanager? (not Astro, ES, Ghost Commander)

jago25_98

Dec 15, 2010
Astro:
I used to like it but the adverts now take up a lot of screen estate plus I don't really like the new layout. Seems to take up too much space for me.

ES:
Can't order files by size.

Ghost Commander:
Can't make desktop shortcuts to commonly used folders. Would like to show thumbnails when lots of photos in a folder rather than having to launch gallery.
Also seemed to do mime filetypes differently to Astro.

I want to be able to get around my common files and folders at top speed.

Perhaps there's a better way of doing it? I try to go direct to QuickPic now if I'm looking for a photo.

But sometimes I want different filetypes to be in the same folder. For example, reference cheat sheets some of which are in pdf format, some in jpeg.

Another thing I like to be able to do it browse to a .GPG encrypted file, click it and launch APG. I used to do this with Astro but now it doesn't seem to work even after clearing the file associations.

As for sending files by bluetooth or browsing a local lan, I think I prefer to use a separate app for that.

How do you do these things?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones