• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does a company get a discount for it's employees for Sprint phones?

i am interested in switching from tmobile to sprint for the htc evo. two weeks ago i called sprint and was told that my employer, the department of commerce, offered a 25% discount. the woman had difficulty finding it initially, but confirmed that discount. she said the system is difficult and often has multiple names for the same thing.

so i went to best buy today to preorder the evo. fortunately the person in the mobile department was very knowledgeable, but she said there was no discount in the sprint system for anything to do with the census or department of commerce. i just had an online chat with a sprint representative, but she could only find a 15% discount. is there any way to confirm an actual discount?

and since i am having a difficult time with the government discount, i have started to look into the eprp. any word on if this plan will work with the evo? i know about the $10 evo fee, but haven't seen any word on how it will work for this phone.

Peoples,

Don't forget to check the Sprint Employer Discount page off the Sprint site. I'm not sure if it is the same thing as EVP, but I get 14% off through my employer, and after putting my work e-mail address on this site, I was able to get 17% off.

You can also find it on the promotions page under Shop on Sprints home page.

It may be just for larger companies, but it's worth a shot.

Upvote 0
n0apostrophe,

The 25% discount that the first rep had informed you is a Corporate/Corporate discount. Pretty much meaning that whatever account your employer uses for their mobile phones, would have to set up the account, and THEY would receive discount, not you. Also because they would be stuck with the phone bill.

Also, the reason I know this is because there are no Corporate Liable discounts (meaning discounts us consumers can get through our employer) that offer a zero ETF.

Reactions: n0apostrophe
Upvote 0
n0apostrophe,

Also, the reason I know this is because there are no Corporate Liable discounts (meaning discounts us consumers can get through our employer) that offer a zero ETF.

So this line piqued my interest. Mainly because of the Sprint Porting Credit website. It states: Service Credit is available only to corporate liable accounts.

If your definition of corporate liable is correct, does that mean if I have a discount through my employer I will be eligible for the credit? Because that would be awesome. I have 5 lines, and it's $100 per line. Although I am afraid it is only for corporate paid accounts, it won't stop me from trying if I do switch. $500 buck is one hell of a good reason in the pro column for Sprint.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
The % of company discount varies by company. Even the % on services and accessories can vary. We will be getting 15% off monthly service, no activation fee, and free overnight shipping. The $100 porting only applies to phones attached directly to a business account so the $100 goes directly to the business account.

Sprint clearly identifies on the company page that SimplyEverything is not eligible for discounted rates. However, EverythingData Family is (what I got) comes with 3000 mins, no US roaming, 7p-7a Nights/Wknds, no mins deducted if call is mobile to mobile, and no data caps on 3G or 4G if you also get the Evo. I hardly see calls to just landlines totalling up to more than 3000 a month even with 2 lines sharing.

I can't see how SimplyEverything would make sense for anyone who's just a talk fiend. The real advantage of the Evo is data so EverythingData Family is probably the best value since company discounts apply.

Upvote 0
I've seen a lot of people here getting company discounts from Sprint, I just like to ask how does some company get a discount for it's employees? I might ask our HR to apply for one if it's easy enough.

If your company has a B2B sales operation, have them contact Sprint B2B. There's usually some give-take, and the bottomline is that Sprint's probably interested in getting business-owned accounts and uses the Company discounts as a bargaining/trade-off item.

I'm pretty sure one of the first vids posted from the May 12 NYC event had the name of someone at Sprint B2B openly identifying her role in trying to get the Evo into companies on biz accounts. Look it up and start there. I think I found her vid just by searching under "Sprint Event NYC May 12."

Good luck.

Reactions: Caloy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones