• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does Contacts (Address Book) work?

RPJ

Lurker
May 19, 2012
Sorry of this has been covered elsewhere, but I am more than a little confused about the whole contact business.

I have just bought an Samsung Galaxy XCover running Android 2.3. As far as I can tell it has phone memory, SIM card memory and an additional 2Gig Micro SD card.

I think that all contacts are stored as VCFs. The store where I got the phone moved over some 248 of my 460 contacts from my old Nokia N95 but not all of them. I do not know why they could not move them all and I do not know where they put them (i.e which bit of memory).

I have downloaded the Samsung 'Kies' app (Windows version) which is supposed to manage user-created data (i.e. back up and sync contacts, music, photos and video).

Selecting

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones