1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How does EVO 3D recognize 3D videos?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Charon76, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Charon76

Charon76 Lurker
    None

Nov 12, 2011
    I copied several 3D side-by-side videos to my EVO 3D. Some of those are recognized as 3D and the little 3D logo is shown on the bottom right of the thumbnail in the gallery and these instantly start playing in 3D mode. Others are handled as regular 2D videos and I have to switch manually to 3D mode when playing them.

What makes the EVO 3D recognize some side-by-side videos as 3D and others not?

Advertisement

2. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Graphic Design
    Has to be something with the mpeg4 AFX file labeling in the file information

marctronixx and ProfeZZor X like this.
  3. redninja

redninja Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    its in the frame packing. sbs (side by side) is packed at 3. Over under is packed at 4. If you have a mp4 file use handbrake and in advanced tab add this to the codes at the bottom.
    :frame-packing=3 (for sbs videos)
    :frame-packing=4 (for over and under videos)
    if its mp4 already the encode will be fast kinda like a direct stream copy with the info added in. If any other format then it will take awhile to encode. anyway your evo will recognize as 3d video. its really useful for over under videos. another thing, some video I have the gallery wont play, If i open through astro file manager and use the stock viewer they will play fine. anyway good luck.

Mobstergunz, Charon76 and marctronixx like this.
Tags: