• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Does Google Assistant Track Stocks Daily?

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
Somehow I set up my Google Assistant to track a particular stock symbol every day, and Google sends me the price as an Android notification once per day. How do I maintain that stock list?

Various references online suggest you need to maintain a watchlist on Google Finance. That is definitely NOT the source of the stock I am tracking. My Finance watchlist has a short list of stocks created years ago and Google Android seems to have no knowledge of that list, or at least it does not use it for daily notifications.

In "All Assistant Settings" there is a section named "Stocks" but when you enter this section there are no controls, and nothing is listed. It looks like the section has been disabled somehow.

So where in Google Assistant am I supposed to maintain a list of symbols to track daily? I am running Android 13 on Pixel 6.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones