1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How does it look in red?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nightvving, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Nightvving

Nightvving Newbie

So, my upgrade cycle just came around this month, and I've been looking to upgrade my Inspire 4g. After hours and hours of research I've finally settled on the Galaxy S3 over the One X, mostly because of the greater current and likely future development support (HTC/AT&T are not being nice to HOX devs unfortunately, can't root update 2.20, locked bootloader, etc. :( ). I prefer the design and screen of the HOX but I guess that doesn't outweigh the cons of the phone compared to the SGS3.

Anyhow, that just leaves one thing to decide: color.

I've seen the white and blue versions of the SGS3 in person, but I have not seen the red one yet, as it is a bit of a newer release, and restricted only to AT&T. The white one I am not really a fan of, pure glossy white is pulled off much better by apple and their iphone 4(S) (hate on it all you want, it's a good looking phone no doubt). The blue I like better, in person it looks better than online in my opinion, but both still sort of pale in comparison to a white One X.

That aside, what do you all think of the red Galaxy S3? I'm likely going to put it in a case as I've heard the SGS3 is quite fragile, but the front bezel will still be showing, and perhaps i may get a clear case (albeit, sort of unlikely).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Any thoughts on a good case? So far the otterbox commuter and speck candy shell look quite nice.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rap31264

rap31264 Newbie

just saw some pics online...it's pretty red...they're calling it Garnet Red...it definitely stands out....even though red is my favorite color...I don't like it on the phone...but that's my opinion...

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

4. Nightvving

Nightvving Newbie

So nobody likes it in red I guess....

I suppose I'll just have to take a drive down to a best buy or something sometime then.

At the moment I'm just trying to imagine what each color would look like with just the front bezel showing (i.e. with a non-clear case on it). White would probably work best with the widest variety of case colors since it's y'know... white, but i have trouble visualizing red or blue (especially red since a lot of case pics online show the blue SGS3).

5. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast

Black is coming out soon ...i think is gonna look badas

6. metzy25

metzy25 Lurker

my buddy just got the red one i dont like it one bit it doesnt look right, i love the look of the blue.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews