1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How does Liberty 1.5 compare?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rkid007, Feb 5, 2011.

1. rkid007

rkid007 Newbie

Of course Liberty 1.5 had to come out after I get settled in with Rubix the last week.

I ran Liberty 1.0 for awhile and while I loved it at first. the Market Force Close was annoying enough for me to try something else.

Anyway, just wondering what you guys thought about 1.5 compared to 1.0.

For those that have run the new Rubix, I am wondering how is the overclock app similar/different to the overclock app on Rubix? I know it is a QuickClock in Rubix. Is it the same in Liberty?

thanks for the help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

OC in Liberty (settings... liberty settings... overclocking), just asks for the slot (frequency) and the VSEL (voltage). You can also change the sampling rate and up threshold. I'll continue to use jRummy's OC or QuickClock.

It's stable enough, no FC's here. Only problems I had was changing icons changed my wallpaper and had instant reboots while restoring Tranq Toolbox and Tranq wallpapers from Titanium. Had a similar issue with restoring Lookout last week via Titanium with Apex.

Haven't tried the new versions of Rubix yet. Will do that next week when I'm bored with Liberty. :D

3. irmac

irmac Android Enthusiast

I'm going to be honest, I have encountered some issues with Liberty 1.5. I SBF'ed back to .340 because I wanted to start fresh with this ROM and have still been having troubles with battery life (it's pretty bad, already down to 80% in an hour of little to no use.) Also I've had more random freexing and reboots than any other ROM. :/

4. swagner53

swagner53 Android Enthusiast

Although it is not flawless and I am seeing a decrease in battery life, it's still a bit early to tell on Liberty 1.5 I was on ApeX before and it ran well, Liberty seems just a bit smoother so far.

5. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

I find it strange that battery life has decreased for you guys. My battery life is as good if not better than with Apex or Liberty 1.0. Are you guys sure you don't have a rouge app draining your battery?

6. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

I agree, I've been putting the phone to good use since 10am (about 4 hours now) practically non-stop and I'm at 80%.

7. chacen.droid

chacen.droid Well-Known Member

Personally Liberty 1.5 has been an awesome experience the only issue I've had is the icons changing the wallpaper thing other than that Liberty has been nothing short of spectacular since 1.0 came out I have been all liberty all the time and before I flashed a new ROM at LEAST once a week but I just don't feel the need with liberty... (I really didn't mean for that last part to sound like a sobriety plea.. it just happend lol)

I have been fully setup on 1.5 for 3 work days and this has been my result, now that its the weekend I will be using my phone ALOT more so ill post back if something changes but I say go for it just make a nandroid of your current setup and you can go right back if you have issues with liberty.

8. irmac

irmac Android Enthusiast

Almost positive I don't have a rouge app running, what's the best way to find out though?

9. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

Should be pretty easy to spot the app that's reddish colored. ;)

10. DRLyman

DRLyman Member

LOL I literally laughed out load at that one. Thanks :D

11. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Been running 1.5 since it came out and really have had no issue what so ever. Battery life...still up in the air for me. My first FULL day of use my battery life was down to 50% by around 5:00 pm (usually it is no lower than 70%), but it remained at 50% until I put it on the charger that night around 10:30 pm. Today I took my phone off charger at 7:00 am and now it is 7:30 pm and I am at 70%. So, really don't know yet if battery drain is an issue.

This ROM is really nice and again I have had zero issues. I really like it and plan on staying on it, unless I run into some really bad problems.

12. swagner53

swagner53 Android Enthusiast

No rogue apps- I am just playing with it so much it is hard to really judge. I use a widget called battery left that does a pretty good job of estimating battery life after some calibration. Yesterday I was getting estimates of 9:30 - not impressive -- and my battery was toast after 11 hours. However now I am getting estimates of 12+ which is in line with where I was on Apex. 15 hours is about the best I have done on my X no matter what ROM. I run 3 email accounts, twitter and facebook with widgets, a weather program and a couple of newsreaders that all update every so often.

All of that aside- and back to the topic- other than the know n wallpaper issues I am thrilled with the ROM. With all of my apps restored and widgets running the ROM is still really fast and smooth.

13. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I'm 10 hours off the charger, had a couple long calls, one where I was on hold for about 5 minutes and I'm still at 80%.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews