• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How does one use the 8GB of internal storage?

thenew3

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
CA
How do we use the internal 8gb of storage rather than the SD card?
I've tried astro, it can see a folder called "Data" but can't write anything to it.
It doesn't get mounted when you connect it to a computer.
When I take pictures or videos it seems to store it to the SD card.

So what the heck is internal storage used for? If its only for downloaded apps, then 8gb is a bit overkill. I barely could fill up the 256mb on the original droid with downloaded apps and I had nearly 90 apps installed on the original droid.

After a day of using it, my internal storage shows 6.23gb available, although I have no idea what is stored on it. my SD card is almost full after copying all the media from my droid onto the X. The SD card was originally blank, after using it for a day it now has about a dozen strange folders that I didn't create.

So anyone have any suggestions on how to take advantage of the internal storage?

I do have a 32gb card coming, but I would still love to take advantage of the faster(?) internal storage.

thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones