• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does the screen look outside?

My friend was thinking of getting an Incredible or X to replace his pre-pay phone but I actually think he would be better off with a Galaxy Tab. He hardly ever makes/receives calls so would be paying $30/month for no reason really. The Tab seems like a good fit for him, he really just wants to browse the internet, read the newspaper and use Maps...I think 1 MB/$20 (VRZ) would be more than adequate for him.

Anyway, my only real concern is the screen, he will be using it outside...how is it in the sun? Are the anti-glare screen protectors helpful?

I would guess that any tablet using a glass screen would have the same amount of glare.

The ipad, galaxy tab, xoom, etc all use some sort of gorilla glass like substance so I would think the glare will be comperable between all tablets.

I had a nook before I got the Galaxy Tab and I can confirm that there really is no glare with the e-ink screen ereaders.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones