1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How does the screen look outside?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clementine_3, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member Thread Starter

My friend was thinking of getting an Incredible or X to replace his pre-pay phone but I actually think he would be better off with a Galaxy Tab. He hardly ever makes/receives calls so would be paying $30/month for no reason really. The Tab seems like a good fit for him, he really just wants to browse the internet, read the newspaper and use Maps...I think 1 MB/$20 (VRZ) would be more than adequate for him.

Anyway, my only real concern is the screen, he will be using it outside...how is it in the sun? Are the anti-glare screen protectors helpful?

Advertisement

2. vargas

vargas Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Outside there is glare.

I have not tried an anti glare screen protector or anything but there is glare outside. We've had a break from the cold here with some really sunny days and I was using my tab outside and had to move into the shade to find what I was looking for.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  3. lekky

lekky Lover
    None

The only device you won't get glare with is the kindle tbh. It's not that bad, but obviously its not great in direct sunlight, but no phone will be.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I know there will be glare no matter what but some are worse than others.

5. vargas

vargas Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    I would guess that any tablet using a glass screen would have the same amount of glare.

The ipad, galaxy tab, xoom, etc all use some sort of gorilla glass like substance so I would think the glare will be comperable between all tablets.

I had a nook before I got the Galaxy Tab and I can confirm that there really is no glare with the e-ink screen ereaders.

Clementine_3 likes this.