• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How does the speakers compare to the htc evo3D?

I watched a review on the speaker of the galaxy s2. It was placed against an HTC if I recall and blew it out of the water. It's supposed to be one of the best, if not THE best on the market. A bit off topic, but the camera is the best on the market as well. I think it even has image stabilization.

Upvote 0
watch

Samsung Galaxy S II vs HTC EVO 3D "Face Off" - YouTube

assuming this does not link properly, add this to the end of

--> youtube.com/

watch?v=X15wf3T43-A#t=9m40s

that should take you to the relevant section. Of course we don't know for sure if the speakers were changed on the sprint version, but the euro gs2 speakers made the evo 3d sound like some cheap, tinny preschool toy. Almost an embarrassment of sound quality and volume to the point of producing physical disgust in any evo 3d owner.

Upvote 0
The better question to ask is how does the ET4G speakers compare to the Motorola Photon speakers. The Photon speakers are getting excellent call quality reports.

Well the Wirefly video above tests the speakers and they sounded loud and he never even turned it up all the way. So, I think they'll be good enough for me :D (At least better than my Moment :))

Upvote 0
Well the Wirefly video above tests the speakers and they sounded loud and he never even turned it up all the way. So, I think they'll be good enough for me :D (At least better than my Moment :))

I agree So-Low. The sound level did seem good in that vid, but sound level does not imply sound quality. For that we will need to have specific references made as to quality and not just volume.

Upvote 0
I agree So-Low. The sound level did seem good in that vid, but sound level does not imply sound quality. For that we will need to have specific references made as to quality and not just volume.

My buddy's Galaxy S2 sounds tiny (lacking full range) and also the sound distorts near max volume unlike my Photon. Volume is pretty good besides the distortion. Of course the US bound Sprint version may come with a different speaker altogether though.

Upvote 0
The better question to ask is how does the ET4G speakers compare to the Motorola Photon speakers. The Photon speakers are getting excellent call quality reports.

The Photon has better speakers the external one is louder and clearer and the ear piece is clearer, the ET4G speakers are good and are better than a lot that i have heard but can't touch the Photon. When I had the Photon people would be amazed at how loud it got.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones