1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How does this Gmote thing work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JnEricsonx, Jul 6, 2011.

1. JnEricsonx

JnEricsonx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    I haven't downloaded it yet, but I've been told that it'll let me stream movies from my computer to my Tbolt? Which is good, because the room with the computer doesn't have 2 fans and a AC, whereas my bedroom does, so I'm sure I'll spend chunks of time watching movies in there. So, basically I shlep a bunch of movies into a directory on said computer, and....how does it go from there, before I download anything?

Advertisement

2. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    You'll want to install the server, which you can get from Gmote > server. When you configure the server it will ask which directories you want to share. Afterwards, launch the client on your Android device. If your accessing the server from a local network there should be a search feature that will scan for any gmote servers on the network.

I used it a while ago to stream my music catalog over 3G, for the lulz and all.

Good luck.

3. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2010
    Gallatin, TN
    I just set it up in like 5 minutes, really simple. It works too, surprisingly well infact...

4. joshclay

joshclay Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2010
    How the heck do you exit the program? I'm running it on a Samsung Charge and can't figure out how to CLOSE the program.

Very powerful and cool but very limited. Can I make a playlist or add songs to queue? I don't see the option for that. Would work sweet for pool parties at my house but without the ability to make the playlist, quite useless other than playing a specific song I have on my server.

5. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Currently Unemployed ;(
    Chi-Town
    I use gmote and unified remote.. unified remote has way more features but gmote is more reliable