1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How durable are the connections on the ports?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by pengyou, Jul 2, 2013.

1. pengyou

pengyou Well-Known Member

I am anxiously awaiting the birth of a new ASUS Transformer....will be getting it in a couple of weeks. As I think about the tasks that I want to use it for I begin to wonder how durable the ports are. I plan to connect it to the 42" lcd's in every classroom that I teach in. I will use one cable - and keep disconnecting/connecting it to the lcd but I started to wonder - how durable are these tablets? I plan on protecting it from obvious dangers - being dropped on the floor, moisture and dirt, etc but what about connections - and other dangers? dropping and water and dirt, oh my! :afraid:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Whilst not invincible, the connections are relatively sturdy and unless you're deliberately trying to damage them, they should stand up to every day use.

Which Transformer are you getting? I can move your post to the correct forum where you'll likely get better assistance from those who own the device.

3. pengyou

pengyou Well-Known Member

Thanks! It seems to me that there is really only the 300 and 700 to choose from - I have to read more to see if there is any difference other than the faster processing speed.