1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How durable are the phones speakers? Ever had a speaker die on you?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tracerit, Aug 11, 2010.

1. tracerit

tracerit Android Enthusiast

I've been playing more games lately and listening to music with the phones speakerand I just wondering how durable are the speakers on phones usually.has anyone ever had a speaker die on them with their previous phone?

I'm trying to look for that evo dismantle guide to see if the speakeris something that can be user replaced.

Just for good measure,i went ahead and bought a tiny portable speaker from amazon to listen to music but I'll still be using the phones speaker for games.

2. Brian360

Brian360 Android Enthusiast

My HTC Touch Pro speaker lasted forever, whatever that's worth to you.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

I've never had a problem.

one thing.. if you start to hear distortion (which can damage a speaker), turn it down a notch. I'm not scared to crank it to the point of distortion-- which threre usualy is none, anway.

anyways.. I wouldnt worry about it.

4. bobTX10

bobTX10 Member

I dont know about the durability of the speakerphone but the QUALITY of it is amazing!!! Its so loud and clear. I just love it! Definitely have made a few iphoners jealous

5. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? You cant possibly be talking about the same speakers on the Evo.

6. alansauce

alansauce Member

mine sounds great and much better than my iphone.

7. bobTX10

bobTX10 Member

No joke. I take it evos have had problems with speakers?

8. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Android Enthusiast

My evo speakers are blown out right now. And have been for the past week , and 5 days after I got the phone they blew out, I am using a fm transmitter so that hast to be the problem I would say that your doing more damage by using the portable speakers, or just be careful not to plug in the jack while playing music or unplug it while its playing always stop it before because thats how mine blew out

tracerit likes this.
  9. sagedil

sagedil Android Expert

Mine are busted too. Happened maybe a month in. Still too lazy to head to Sprint about it.

10. Steeler

Steeler Member

I just received my replacement EVO. The speakerphone blew after 2 months.

11. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Android Expert

Yay, more hardware problems :|

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews