• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How good is this phone?

The pixel density is high enough, I dont see pixels unless I hold it really close and at that point there is eye strain anyway.

As others have said the 'pro' reviewers are usually sampling the latest & greatest, so they tend to be a bit snobbish about anything less.

If there is one major flaw with this phone, it is the limited internal storage, but not a problem w workarounds after rooting or if you dont install a lot of big apps/games.

Reactions: burin3
Upvote 0
The pixel density is high enough, I dont see pixels unless I hold it really close and at that point there is eye strain anyway.

As others have said the 'pro' reviewers are usually sampling the latest & greatest, so they tend to be a bit snobbish about anything less.

If there is one major flaw with this phone, it is the limited internal storage, but not a problem w workarounds after rooting or if you dont install a lot of big apps/games.

Flaw for me is that I'm on Sprint trying to buy an inexpensive replacement without a contract, and literally can't seem to find this outside of a new one for full retail price ($250?! no thank you).

Ebay has dozens of Galaxy Victorys and I even considered an HTC EVO LTE (I just don't like giant phone screens though) as well as an S2, but I can't find ANY used F3's for the Sprint network.

Which has 2 probable explanations: 1) The phone is too new to have much of a used market yet 2) The folks that bought them actually really like them enough to NOT sell on ebay. Or both. :)

I see a lot of Virgin Mobile ones for the record, many of them new in boxes too. Just wish there were some Sprint ones too.

I may just resign myself to a Galaxy Victory for now and look for the F3 again in a few months. :/

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for about 2 months, & I have to say that I really like it over other phones ive in the past. I came from the HTC One V and honestly you can feel the difference in the two builds. The OptimusF3 feels light and cheap and plasticy, whereas the HTC One V has a metal body and feels much more high class in the hand. but I found a case that I liked for this phone, and the extra weight of that really helped. the screen is big enough at 4 inches, and the pixel density is good enough. the only qwibble I have & other people have already mentioned is the lack of internal memory. you get what you pay for though. And a great price at $79

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for about 2 months, & I have to say that I really like it over other phones ive in the past. I came from the HTC One V and honestly you can feel the difference in the two builds. The OptimusF3 feels light and cheap and plasticy, whereas the HTC One V has a metal body and feels much more high class in the hand. but I found a case that I liked for this phone, and the extra weight of that really helped. the screen is big enough at 4 inches, and the pixel density is good enough. the only qwibble I have & other people have already mentioned is the lack of internal memory. you get what you pay for though. And a great price at $79

Oh how I wish Sprint only wanted $79 for this phone. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0
I'd guess it gets trashed because they expect it to be a high end phone like the s4 or nexus

Or it could be the braindead emulated SD card which effectively makes the phone useless by stealing the application space. Rooting helps a little bit, but not quite enough. Also the emulated SD card cripples apps like my podcatcher and my offline reader. That might be it, possibly?

OTOH this script by androidguy1991 goes a long way towards fixing things there. I just wish this otherwise great phone hardware wasn't crippled by the awful software in comes with. I have high hopes once the bootloader gets unlocked and people can fix the software...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones