1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

How Google's Chromecast Lets Down iPhone Users (deprecated, obsolete)

Discussion in 'Chromecast' started by BrinkleyXie, Aug 3, 2013.

1. BrinkleyXie

BrinkleyXie Lurker

Moderator note added September 9, 2013 - this is not a user review, this is a copy/paste of an article found here -

How Google's Chromecast Lets Down iPhone Users - ReadWrite

[​IMG]
    I've had a Chromecastic week playing around with Google's $35 streaming device. Overall, I've come away with positive impressions. Then again, it's easy to be forgiving when a new gadget costs less than dinner at a middle-of-the-road restaurant.
    But that forgiveness is key. I'm an iPhone user, and it has become increasingly apparent that Chromecast sometimes works rather fitfully with Apple gear. That's a tough pill to swallow given the attention Google lavished on the Chromecast's touted ability to work across Android and iDevices alike

gtbarry likes this.
  2. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Well as far as I can tell, Apple never setup Apple TV to work with Android devices, so it's still a win for Google on this front.

I think as we give developers more time to adopt the technology, it will improve a lot. I'm really thinking of ordering one.

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

We have Google TV which is ten times more functional than Apple TV, which lacks safari and app store. Same price ($99) gives me a similar device with mirroring, but the added benefit of Google Play Store, the ability to install apps, games, and much more, without needing a tablet or smartphone to accomplish the same thing. Google TV also has one HDMI input as well allowing me to retain some of the features but give me my access to my TiVo behind all of that.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Moved your thread over here to the Chromecast forum, cheers! :)

5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Thanks so much for your comprehensive review of how it works with the iPhone. Bummer that it doesn't work as good as with Android, but I suppose it's better than the alternative (android with Apple products) :p

6. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

In fact, I think a better title would be Apple developers let down iPhone users.

Jsutton241 likes this.
  7. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Certainly this is the issue. And guess who apple will blame.

But thank you for your detailed and thought-filled review!

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member