• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Happy are you with DINC2

picord

Jul 16, 2010
Northern Ca. Bay Area
Hi Everyone,
Ive been a user of the original DINC for a year now and I broke the screen today. I have a upgrade coming up in the next week and was thinking of the DINC2...those of you that have it, how Happy are you with it and its features. I'm not really interested in going 4g and would like to stick with a HTC phone.
So let me hear your reviews and how the battery life is holding up also.
Thanks
Roger

I came from and original Droid as well, and I absolutely love the DInc 2.

I use my phone for three things, Facebook, Texting/Calling, and Reading the News throughout the day.

Sense integrates contacts and Facebook and my Gallery so well, that this phone really makes things easier for me on the social networking front. The bigger screen compensates for the lack of a QWERTY, and battery life allows me to keep up on anything I want.

Battery life is amazing compared to the Droid. I'm at 30% right now and have 18h 20m unplugged time. On average though, I'll get 14-16 hours before it either dies, or I got to bed and plug it in anyways. The processor is an energy sipping one. Recently I've played Angry Birds and Cut the Rope a lot more, and I never get an ounce of lag on this thing. This Snapdragon is really amazing.

There are a few cons though. Firstly, coming from the Droid, the speaker on the back for headphone-less music listening, is kinda lame. If you've seen screenshots of the phone, that oval next to the LEDs for flash is it, so it's pretty small compared to the Droid's long speaker on the back, and the sound quality shows it. Also, the keyboard in the phone isn't the most ergonomic thing in the world. I constantly hit period instead of space so sometimes I.talk.like.this :rolleyes: Nothing Swiftkey can't fix.

Anything else you want to know about the phone I'll be happy to tell you about. I know not everyone's experience isn't the same, but since you've asked for ours, I'm giving it. I love this damn phone :D

Upvote 0
Coming from the Droid 2 Global, this phone is outstanding. Out of all the smartphones I've ever had, it probably is the best I've owned. Best battery life stock (takes a week though to be truly good), extended battery rocks (love it), push notification for email works (D2G is broken in that regards), and a variety of other things.

Overall, I love it.

Reactions: dco717
Upvote 0
I first had the original Motorola Droid, also played with the LG Ally for a while, then tried the Thunderbolt and had nothing but problems so I asked to have an Incredible 2 sent instead. I absolutely love it. It's super fast (faster than the Thunderbolt was for me), perfect screen and body size, super lightweight, great camera, great battery life, and seems to be very dependable so far. Regarding battery life, I seem to get around 12 hours with heavy use. That's literally at least double what I got from the Thunderbolt stock battery with the same amount of use. Yesterday I had a day of more average, moderate use (a few calls, lots of texting, lots of picture stuff) and my battery indicator had just hit 20% when I finally got into bed, 18 hours after unplugging it. That's pretty amazing when compared to all the previous Droids I've used.

I should note that the first Inc2 I received had a blown earpiece speaker so I had to get a replacement. But this one is working practically flawlessly so far. :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

I was put in the same situation not long ago. I actually just upgraded to my first droid ever and went through quite a hassle before I settled with the Inc2. First, hyped by the entire 4G, I got the Samsung charge. Great phone to be honest, but it barely fit in my pocket and there was no way to use that phone with only one hand, also, the battery lasted 4 hours or 3 hours of heavy use. The GUI was ugly and the phone lagged and froze randomly a lot.

Decided to swap it for the inc2. Best decision I have made. I paid $149.99 for a phone and i do not regret a single dollar spent on it. AMTrombley0924 already listed all the pros and cons, and I am seconding to what he wrote.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
I just made the step up to my first ever smart phone two days ago with the Inc2. I know the 4G phones are still pretty buggy, and they don't know when they are getting 4G where I go to college so that was out. I've heard about people having a lot of problems with the X2 so I ruled that out and chose the Inc2.

All I can say is WOW! I am never going back to a "dumb" phone again. The phone is fast and smooth with whatever I do. So far my battery life has been great. Its been unplugged and on for a little over 48 hours and I still have around 20% battery left on the stock battery. I do mostly texting with some Facebook, e-mail, YouTube and the occasional call. I do have my screen brightness at the lowest setting and I leave WiFi, Bluetooth, ect. off if I'm not using it.

The keyboard is kinda awkward at first and I'm used to a physical one. But I find the prediction and auto correct to be great. I'm not very accurate most of the time and it still picks the right word 90% of the time or more.

I can't wait for the root exploit to become available and get some custom roms so I can really customize this thing.

Upvote 0
You guys are great with your responses, I went to a Verizon store today and played with the Thunderbolt and the DINC2 and all I can say is the DINC2 is way more responsive. I have a upgrade on the 8th of July and I am all set to pick up this phone. I'm using my crappy BB Storm since my DINC is out of commission and cannot wait for the 8th.
On a side note, Has anyone ever picked up their phone at a Costco store? I only ask because the price is way cheaper than buying it online or thru Verizon.

Upvote 0
I graduated from an Eris, and the difference is remarkable! The first thing that struck me is the speed and efficiency. It's also not as big as I'd anticipated, after coming from the Eris's small profile. There were what I thought were some bugs that turned out to be just part of the learning curve. The display quality is far superior, and don't even get me going on live wallpaper -- my newfound obsession.

The only bug I haven't been able to solve is that when opening market, I get two error messages in a row about not being able to connect. Always two. And then it loads immediately.

I had wanted Thunderbolt, but 4G isn't coming to my area in NH anytime in the near future.

Upvote 0
You guys are great with your responses, I went to a Verizon store today and played with the Thunderbolt and the DINC2 and all I can say is the DINC2 is way more responsive. I have a upgrade on the 8th of July and I am all set to pick up this phone. I'm using my crappy BB Storm since my DINC is out of commission and cannot wait for the 8th.
On a side note, Has anyone ever picked up their phone at a Costco store? I only ask because the price is way cheaper than buying it online or thru Verizon.

I just got two from Costco last Sunday, way cheaper. $49 each for new service(upgrades are $79), plus a free car charger, leather(or fake) case for your belt, and screen protectors. Also, they give you a rebate form for your activation fee's from Verizon. The sales people I dealt with were way cooler than the arrogant stuck-ups that work at my local Verizon store.

Sam

Reactions: picord
Upvote 0
I got mine at Costco last month. The price actually went down from the time I bought mine as an upgrade. So I just took my receipt back to Costco and got a $20 credit :D.

Also, check this thread regarding current best deal on the Inc2 - http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/325769-best-deals-droid-incredible-2-a.html

Reactions: picord
Upvote 0
Thanks Again Everyone for your replies, I went to Costco this morning and decided to ask if I could do my upgrade 1 week early and they said no problem at all.
So I now have a DINC2 and the cost was 79.99..
Now I have to get use to a bigger screen and download all the apps that I had on my original DINC...
So Much to play with..
Thanks Again
Roger

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I came from the Fascinate to the Incredible 2, and I could not be happier. To me it's better in every sense. The battery last me 16-32 hours, depending how often I mess with it. The signal is way better. The speed is fast enough for me. The build quality feels much tougher than the Fascinate's cheap plastic feel.

The only gripe I have is, my battery door has a bounce/creek in the bottom right corner if you are looking at it from the back. It's kind of annoying, but doesn't change how the phone preforms, so I've been ignoring it. Plus I have a case on the way that should solve that problem.

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone

Just curious, anyone having the low signal issue with their Inc2?

Just got the phone Friday. Love it except that I show 0-2 bars and -80 to -99 all the time with my signal...I have gotten a few network error messages when attempting to Google or download apps, and I did one factory reset and couldn't set the phone back up until I did a battery pull, as I kept getting an error message that there was no connectivity. Also today I experienced one call where I could not hear the person on the other end, but they apparently heard me, and one call that I made to a friend that they said never registered on their phone (no missed call notice for them).

I called VZ and they told me I should be getting full signal strength in my area, as I always did with my BB. I don't have a landline, and the VZ tech I spoke with said that if they were me and needed reliability, they'd get a diff phone. I am considering returning the Inc2 for the bulky DroidX2...just for peace of mind regarding the signal (I have heard this low signal display is common for Inc2 and that Moto has the best signal strength).

Upvote 0
Just curious, anyone having the low signal issue with their Inc2?

Yes, but it's almost never an issue for me. My foray back into the land of Verizon (from AT&T) started with a Droid 2 Global. Had the same low signal issue. I've chalked it up to just being design issues, network issues where I'm at, or something else. As long as the phone continues to work when I need it to (and it has so far), it's not an issue for me.

Upvote 0
The battery last me 16-32 hours

My phone must be defective. I have disabled almost everything on the phone and i can only get a full day out of it if I pretty much never use it at all. Mild use and there is no way my battery lasts a full day. Right now I am at 40% and it's 5pm!

But besides that I love this phone. However if I get a break from work tomorrow I am stopping in Verizon to see what my options are for return exchange to try and fix this battery problem.

Upvote 0
My phone must be defective. I have disabled almost everything on the phone and i can only get a full day out of it if I pretty much never use it at all. Mild use and there is no way my battery lasts a full day. Right now I am at 40% and it's 5pm!

But besides that I love this phone. However if I get a break from work tomorrow I am stopping in Verizon to see what my options are for return exchange to try and fix this battery problem.

If the usage you state is true then your phone is definitely defective. With mild to moderate use my phone has been lasting around 3 days or more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones