1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How hard can it be to implement screnshot facility?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gbswales, Aug 29, 2011.

1. gbswales

gbswales Newbie

SOLVED - THANKS!

I wanted to post some screen shots from my new Galaxy S2 on facebook - and cannot believe how difficult this is proving to be. On my old iP 3gs I just had to press power + menu and hey presto instant screenshots.

I was amazed to find that my otherwise delightful Sammy doesnt have hardware button combos to do this. Ahh well thought I "off to the marketplace" but guess what, nearly all the apps say they only work with rooted phones. There was one that cost

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. daz_2000

daz_2000 Android Enthusiast

gbswales likes this.
  3. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

just press home + power

gbswales likes this.
  4. gbswales

gbswales Newbie

I should have persevered with the obvious - found that when I tried this before I couldn't have pressed it long enough! What threw me was various posts in android forums about needing to root to do this!

All is well now thanks a lot guys:)

5. slugger09

slugger09 Well-Known Member

Yep power and home same as Apple, of course they aren't copying Apple though u understand

6. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Just remember to let the Power button go a fraction of a second before releasing the Home button. :D

7. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

yep, coz otherwise u ll have screenshot with task manager on it ;)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews