• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How hard would this be to make?

klister

Lurker
Jun 8, 2010
Sp recently joined the university and in my field theres an moderate ammount of programming in java and at the end of this year we have to make our own project. Doesnt need to be advanced just a complete project with all documentation that comes with it and ive already started to think about my own project.

Im a, well to be honest a total beginner really so bare that in mind. What i want my project to do is an android app that logs on to my user on my universitys site and collect info from a pdf file wich is our schedule and update my program wich is going to look alot nicer than just opening a pdf. So instead of going to my computer every day and logging on ill just go to my app and press update to see if any changes are made to our schedule.

I have no real idea how hard this would be to complete so would be nice if someone could say if im in over my head or its doable bearing in mind my skill level. I do have a reasonable ammount of time and books and teachers and are willing to learn but if its a to big of task i might aswell go for something easier.

Wouldn't be too hard, but it really depends on your programming experience. The hardest part of an android app for me is setting it up for android. The specific functions of the app are just as easy as they would be on a non-android app.

As a total beginner, it might be kind of difficult. If I were you, I'd give it a shot, just make a simple "Hello World" android app, and if you feel confident from there keep going.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones