• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How have you prepared for the arrival of the EVO 4G?

mikevember

Apr 21, 2010
I am stoked for this phone, almost as excited as I was for the launch of the Pre last year. I have my money ready (I'm buying off contract), I have purchased HDMI type D to A cables from Arrow Electronics (they are set to arrive today), I purchased 3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber vinyl (to stand out in which is going to be a large crowd of EVO owners), I have signed up for an account through Qik, I have reorganized my Gmail account with Tags and Filters, I have created an account through appbrain.com (my list is about 20 apps deep). I feel that I am very prepared for this phone, is there anything I am missing? I wanted to see what other forum members have done in preperation of June 4th, to be corny and quote Bill Pullman "This is our Independence Day"

I am stoked for this phone, almost as excited as I was for the launch of the Pre last year. I have my money ready (I'm buying off contract), I have purchased HDMI type D to A cables from Arrow Electronics (they are set to arrive today), I purchased 3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber vinyl (to stand out in which is going to be a large crowd of EVO owners), I have signed up for an account through Qik, I have reorganized my Gmail account with Tags and Filters, I have created an account through appbrain.com (my list is about 20 apps deep). I feel that I am very prepared for this phone, is there anything I am missing? I wanted to see what other forum members have done in preperation of June 4th, to be corny and quote Bill Pullman "This is our Independence Day"

Hehe... Monday morning I setup my Qik account, and started importing my contacts into my Gmail account. I also setup my Appbrain acct, with a few apps ready to go. Yesterday, I ordered a screen protector from Phantomskinz, and today I ordered an extra MicroUsb charger for my desk at work.

Excited, to say the least ! :D

Upvote 0
Hehe... Monday morning I setup my Qik account, and started importing my contacts into my Gmail account. I also setup my Appbrain acct, with a few apps ready to go. Yesterday, I ordered a screen protector from Phantomskinz, and today I ordered an extra MicroUsb charger for my desk at work.

Excited, to say the least ! :D

My Google Contacts have been pretty much in order since before the Pre release, since it also supports the contacts in that as well, I am an anti-screen protector person and I have microUSBs all over the place from the Pre purchase as well. Its gonna be an angst fillled next couple of weeks.

Upvote 0
Don't forget to backup using MyBackup Pro. Then all your settings, apps, bookmarks, alarms, etc...will be stored on your SD card. Then copy all that to your new SD card and when you fire your new EVO up, reinstall MyBackup Pro from their website and restore everything. Saves a load of time reinvinting the wheel.

Now, I have to check out this cable. I want to hook up my new EVO to rca inputs on my TV in my car for the aux inputs. That TV only plays DVD's but it has the aux inputs. I'm anxiously awaiting the cable to come out.

Upvote 0
My google account has been set up already as well as the calendar. I will eventually set up an account for qik. Accessories such as extra charger... cases etc will come. The one thing I'm still debating is screen protectors. I don't know which one is the best??? Also, do you have to set up an account for Appbrain in order to get apps?? I thought that was part of the android market. Sorry, this will be my first android device lol.

Upvote 0
My google account has been set up already as well as the calendar. I will eventually set up an account for qik. Accessories such as extra charger... cases etc will come. The one thing I'm still debating is screen protectors. I don't know which one is the best??? Also, do you have to set up an account for Appbrain in order to get apps?? I thought that was part of the android market. Sorry, this will be my first android device lol.

I'm torn on screen protectors as well. I used Zagg for my Pre, and it was ok. I'm considering Clarivue this time around. Decisions decisions!

Upvote 0
Is that HDMI cable listed above good? That site has NO INFO on it besides price. How the hell did you find it?

I found the link from another thread on here. In that thread it was mentioned that a member from another site did the research and that was one of the few places that have the cable.

The cable is made by Molex which is 'certified' by HDMI so it is legit.

You can find more info about that cable here:

Molex Connector Part Number - 0687860003

Upvote 0
Set up a gmail account (in the process of adding all my contact info), appbrain (47 maybes so far), ordered screen protector from ghost armour, ordered 2 cases from amzer.com, have my $200 set aside already, pre-ordered from Best Buy, have been on the forum reading up and watching videos, and ordered 16gb microSD card. I'm not excited at all! :p

Upvote 0
I am canceling my TMO contract & switchin to Sprint! I already informed TMO of the cancellation & numbers porting over, they dropped me & my bf's cancellation fees! I already have a pre-approval/account set-up @ sprint. I have pre-ordered at BB. I joined this forum! I am in the process of cleaning up my google account and adding my contacts. I am looking for a good case/sleeve for my new phone, as well as a good screen protector! I usually use Zagg but I think i'm gonna research the diff options this time. I'm gonna look for a good car charger (if anyone knows of any please share!:)). And i'm gonna sign up for Qik also!

I purchased 3M Di-NOC Carbon Fiber vinyl (to stand out in which is going to be a large crowd of EVO owners)
What is this for?

I have created an account through appbrain.com (my list is about 20 apps deep).
Also what is this for? I am new to Android so i'm just learning about all this stuff!

EDIT:: I forgot to mention my Blackberry Curve is already SOLD!!! hehe I will be handing it over on June 4th! :)

Upvote 0
KARbabee said:
What is this for?
Its to wrap the battery door so it has a personal touch, Its a Carbon Fiber vinyl texture.

KARbabee said:
Also what is this for? I am new to Android so i'm just learning about all this stuff!
Appbrain is a way to organize your apps that you want to download and see which ones you have downloaded. I setup a list to make it easier to put them all onto the EVO. I am not 100% sure how it works but from what I understand you can easily download them.

Upvote 0
Its to wrap the battery door so it has a personal touch, Its a Carbon Fiber vinyl texture.

Appbrain is a way to organize your apps that you want to download and see which ones you have downloaded. I setup a list to make it easier to put them all onto the EVO. I am not 100% sure how it works but from what I understand you can easily download them.

Oh! Ok I see now! Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones