1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How hot does your battery get?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by badiban, Jul 13, 2013.

1. badiban

badiban Newbie

I find that my Nexus 4 gets really hot with heavy usage (100+ Fahrenheit). While it's charging it may sometimes do that too. Other times, it's a cool 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit. It also depends on the weather outside.

How about your devices?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

30.3 degrees Centigrade at the moment for me (I think it's about 86 Fahrenheit). Not really doing anything fancy with my phone at the moment though. :)

3. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

It never burns my hand, so I don't worry much about it. ;)

4. ooberandy

ooberandy Android Enthusiast

Mines far cooler than my old Galaxy S2. That phone did used to get hot, hot, hot

5. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

I find that dialing *#*#4636#*#* leads to the battery temperature, but how does one discover the CPU temp.? The CPU is the greatest source of heat in the unit, and it would be good to have a number for that.

Twice this past weekend the phone shut down with a nearly-full battery and wouldn't restart to a working level until I took active steps to cool it, so I'm assuming these were heat-related shutdowns. Running apps included navigation and online radio while the unit was charging on the car seat in the sun.

6. edp

edp Android Enthusiast

my battery has hit up to 104 f but never shut off on me or exploded, so it's all good usually heats up the most when i'm on netflix

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews