• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how i can disable "fix" the battery on status bar?

emaayan

Jun 28, 2011
i've purchased mugen 3600 battery, and i think it's working ok, however no one told that to my htc becouse it's still thinks the battery is half loaded. in other widgets you update the mah number (like battery left widget).

so how can i (on an un-rooted phone) update the actually battery power, or alternatively, hide the battery status bar.

I have the same battery but I never encountered the problem you described. With "normal" use, I go to bed in the evening with approx. 70% battery life remaining. Did you follow Mugen's included instructions on how to initiate the battery? (Click here: http://jj.arvoaus.com/Mugen-Power-Battery-E585.pdf). FWIW, I'm on Froyo 2.2.1 (unrooted).

The first few times the battery is used, it will not yet have the full capacity. But if you follow the instructions in the link above, it will condition the battery so you get its full potential.

The phone's battery charge level indicator uses the voltage of the battery as reference to its charge status. For instance, 4.2V = 100%, while ~3.7V, the battery is almost depleted/empty. (Li-Ion/Li-Polymer batteries should not be operated below 3.6V)

If you're still having problems with reported battery capacity:
1. Restart the phone (Power off then power on)
2. Remove third-party battery indicator apps, then restart the phone
3. You may have a defective battery. Contact Mugen Power for assistance

HTH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones