• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How I debranded and upgraded my Virgin Mobile HTC Desire to Froyo 2.2

A few questions, do you leave the sim card in when doing the update? The phone is already unlocked.
Does doing the update delete all your installed aps?
I have an 8gb card in my phone, is it best to use this as the gold card?
I find the link to the virginmobile portal useful because it has a direct link to "Your Account" so I can easily keep an eye on my usage, can I re-create this after updating?

yes all apps will go... make sure u back up all files and phone numbers
yes sim is needied for all future updates
best to use the most use or bugest sd card
you should be able to log into the virgin site by useing the browser of phone like loging into any site... www.virginmobile.com

Upvote 0
I think I remember now. I originally had a link to a thread for the RUU update files. The first post in that thread contained the latest update file to be installed afterwards (something like copying it over to your Desire and calling it update.zip and having your Desire update itself), but I can't find the link to that thread anymore and i've deleted it from my post #1.

Upvote 0
hi, im trying to unlock and root for the first time in most part of a year...
my phone is virgin brandied and on software version 2.22.351.3
iv made the goldcard but cant run the ruu in both ways on here
or even the placeing the file as a zip with the name change.
do i need this step to root with UnrEVOked???
i managed to get this to work when i had the original sofware that
was in the phone when i got it
thanks for any help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones