1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

How is Droid as opposed to htc hero?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Antmf, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Antmf

Antmf Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I have had the Hero since its release date in New York but I am getting disgusted with the lag whether I am texting or dialing. The lag is a killer. Not happy about the virtual keypad. Had the Iphone for 1 year and thier keypad is sooooo much better I think. Also one of my biggest gripes is that when I am listening to voicemail or on the phone my face hits buttons and either it wants to delete my voicemail or goes to speakerphone. Is there a way to shut screen off so you cheek doesnt accidentally hit buttons? If not I am serious thinking of going to the Droid and Verizon with their new price drops. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Sr. Systems Administrator
    St. Louis
    Check out the Proximity Sensor app to shut the screen off. Also, I know rooting the phone and flashing to Fresh 1.1 rom got rid of a lot of lag. Also, a large amount of text messages will make the phone crawl so delete them regularly.

3. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
    There is a proximity sensor app in the market place that people recommend; I have never personally used it because I don't have the face mashing problem.

I am moving to the Droid soon from my Hero. Not that I don't like the Hero, I think it's a fantastic device. I find the keyboard to be one of the best SIP's on the market and it's auto correction is fantastic. Lag wise I have some from time to time but nothing like a Win Mo device. However it does seem to be getting worse; I am probably at the point now that I need to clear some cache and uninstall some programs. All and all I am fairly happy with the responsiveness of the device. I often listen to two plus hours of podscasts/music while browsing/texting/installing apps/ or writing on forums; I get some slow down but it's fairly minimal though at times it gets super annoying.

My move to the droid is both exciting and a tad worrisome. I am excited for the bigger screen, hardware keyboard and better hardware specs. I am hoping that when listening to podcasts the device will not be as laggy as the Hero is. I am hoping that I will be able to push the device a little bit farther then I can with the Hero. Since I will finally have 3G with Verizon that will help a lot. However I am worried about the on screen keyboard not living up to the Hero's frankly I don't want to have to spend money for a keyboard. I worry a little bit about the hardware keyboard too it doesn't seem to be the greatest one ever made. I am worried that the device might not fit as well into my life has the Hero has.

I've had a ridiculously large # of pda/smartphone/media devices and the Hero is honestly the first device I use for everything. So I hope that the droid is able to play and improve on that same role. Sadly I wont find out till Wednesday, and I work and have school all that day so I won't have much time to play :(

4. Antmf

Antmf Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Please keep me posted when you get the Droid. Thanks...

Tags: