• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is everyone getting Seven Screens with OpenHome?

With Open Home running. click settings, more, open home settings, number of screens, 7. Once it loads go ahead and place something on each screen. It does not seem to be smooth flipping through screens until something is on each screen. Then restart your phone. If you don't select Open Home as default the phone will restart with the 3 screen default. Then you can switch between using or not using Open Home. I prefer it this way so I can have to different setups.

Upvote 0
With Open Home running. click settings, more, open home settings, number of screens, 7. Once it loads go ahead and place something on each screen. It does not seem to be smooth flipping through screens until something is on each screen. Then restart your phone. If you don't select Open Home as default the phone will restart with the 3 screen default. Then you can switch between using or not using Open Home. I prefer it this way so I can have to different setups.
Is there a way I can get the stock icons that came on the Droid? Becaues the ones I'm seeing are Black and white.

Upvote 0
I accidently changed the settings to make Home the default. Can I change that?

Upvote 0
Is there a way I can get the stock icons that came on the Droid? Becaues the ones I'm seeing are Black and white.
Menu -> More -> Open Home Skins -> Android default skin
You get stock android look with 7 screens. You can download icon packs but I'm not sure if any look stock.

I have a question, am I the only one having issues with force close on Open Home?

Upvote 0
No problem iawd1. I've found this to be the best place to get answers for the phone.

Thanks michaelkahl. I couldn't figure that one out. I've only seen the force close once. That was after selecting a new theme. I downloaded more than ten free themes and just kept changing until I saw them all. It forced closed once. I couldn't figure out how to get back to the defaults.

Upvote 0
While in Open Home, click settings, more, task manager. look for Home. There you can clear defaults. then back out and the next time time you hit the home button check the check box for default and select open home.

Good question by the way. that actually helped me. thanks.

No, thank YOU. I'm still new to this, but I have to come to you from this point out. Your a genius

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones