• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is heat and volume?

Anyone been using the Maxx for GPS in the car? I have read of issues with heat in the old Razr Maxx when using the GPS for extended periods or having the phone plugged into a car charger. Any experience with the new Maxx?

Also, is the speaker sufficiently loud to listen to nav or a podcast without routing through car speakers? Not concerned about music fidelity or anything like that. Just speaking volume while in-car.

Thanks!

My Maxx gets hot-hot when it's plugged in in the car and running Google Navigation, but if it's just plugged in, or if it's running Nav while unplugged, it stays anywhere from cool to just mildly warm.

The volume is awesome. Very nearly ear bleeding, if you want it to be. I have no problem hearing this phone, whether it's my Google Nav gal, or a podcast of some sort.

Upvote 0
I don't like the persistent warning every time I go to turn up the volume. It warns me that listening too loudly can hurt my ears. Sorry but I can't hear you!

My Razr Maxx did that (and no, mine doesn't get hot when navigating for some reason) but I disabled a com.motorola app and no more warning. I can look it up if you guys want to know which one it was.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones