• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is the Active thinking of Getting it

wicked1

Jan 24, 2010
I just hate the buttons that are physical on the bottom, I understand why they did that, just thought we were all moving toward thermal or digitized buttons instead of physical.

Overall is it the same as the S4, I am thinking of the S4 and getting it treated with liquipel is the S4 Active treated?

The Active is not treated with liquipel as far as I know - lots of reports of people's S4 Actives dying from water contact. Not sure if it's user error (getting the back seated properly requires paying close attention) or manufacturing defects.

Unless there's a specific reason to get the Active, go with the plain S4. The Active being a niche product means fewer accessories, cases, ROMs, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones