1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How is the app experience on the Tab S2 9.7?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kosmos86, Jan 15, 2016.

1. kosmos86

kosmos86 Lurker

Hi all,

I want to purchase a 9.7 inch tablet, and am debating between the iPad Air 2 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. I know that once of Apple's strengths is its robust app market for the iPad with more optimized apps for tablet. But I was wondering if this lack of Android optimized apps really affects the user experience on the S2? Do apps generally fit the screen well, or do they just look like oversized phone apps? Thanks.

-John

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lateck

Lateck Android Enthusiast

What no robust Android App market????? (Oh, no!!!) Just kidding. ....
    I personally haven't found to many apps that do not work on my S2. In fact I have only found 1 of my 154 apps. (Yes I need less apps.)
    Again, your mileage can and may very

Lateck,

3. ExAviator

ExAviator Newbie

The Android market is 'robust' - I've found very little difference between IOS and Android app availability (most of my children and grandchildren use Apple products and we do discuss apps amongst ourselves). I have over three hundred apps on my Galaxy S4 phone and my Galaxy Tab S2. These apps do fit appropriately on both my devices and also on my wife's S5 phone and Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch tablet. So no problems in these aspects.
    However, I've never used the iPad Air 2 and so I'm not able to offer my view on what would be the best way forward for you.

jeeptrekker likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 8.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 5433 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews