• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How is the Calendar

cjb695

Nov 30, 2009
I am debating between a blackberry and the droid, the thing that is keeping me from getting the droid is how is the calendar. The phone i have now, it sucks and i need a good calender because i am very busy. If anyone had/has both and knows which one is better would be amazing, if not any droid owner please tell about their experience. Any help will be good.

It heavily depends on what view you like the the best. I usually operate in week view then click on each appt and read what it is. It think the droid corporate calendar is every bit as good as the Storm calendar. I like that I can throw the corporate calendar widget on the home screen and have a quick glance at what is next w/o even having to open it.

Upvote 0
if u are using the calendar for work, i dont think i would recommend it. the biggest problem with google calander is the inability to copy and paste. this is a major inconvenience if you have an event that happens on a regular basis as you have to enter each one individually. other than that i find it very similar to the other calendar programs i have used in the past, droid has a widget that can display your upcoming schedule in several different sizes based on your liking.

Upvote 0
if u are using the calendar for work, i dont think i would recommend it. the biggest problem with google calander is the inability to copy and paste. this is a major inconvenience if you have an event that happens on a regular basis as you have to enter each one individually. other than that i find it very similar to the other calendar programs i have used in the past, droid has a widget that can display your upcoming schedule in several different sizes based on your liking.

Just create it as a recurring event and poof done. And I use outlook for creating most events as I'd rather use that for including many people and checking schedules to see when I can schedule a meeting when people are going to be free. Doing that on a small device when you've got to check the accounts of 15 to 20 people its not my favorite to do on a small screen but on the Droid screen it would be very doable.

Upvote 0
How do you go about adding different event layers to your google calendar on the Droid? So far it will only let me have 3 layers on my phone.
1. US Holidays
2. Weather
3. my gmail calendar

I would like to add my favorite teams calendar to my phone so i will know who an when they play. How do i go about getting extra calendars to install on the Droid?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones