1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General how is the external speaker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mach1man, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    How is the external speaker on the Rezound? Is it louder than what the Inc 2's is? I'm looking to upgrade but I need a loud rear speaker and the Inc 2's is just not cutting it.

Advertisement

2. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    You'll have to go to the store and compare. I don't know what loud is to you.

To me the speaker is awesome and better than my incredible. It crushes the nexus btw.

3. kierandill

kierandill Member
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    I don't know about the external one, but the internal one is pretty good. Tbolt was better, though.

4. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Retired
    Phoenix
    It a little louder than the inc2, and about the same as the TBOLT, but the inc2 I had was purchased off of craigslist, so I wouldn't be confident with my comparison.
    Most Motorola phones in my experience have better external sound, but then again it isn't a deal breaker for me.

5. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    Thanks for the help. I'm going to test them tomorrow at the store. With my Inc 2 I have to cup my hand around the speaker to make an echo effect to really hear out of the rear speaker. Kinda sucks when your trying to show a video off in a noisy room. Im debating on the Rezound and the Razr. I really need a phone with a great camera and I've always liked htc even the eris.

6. randpost

None

Dec 24, 2010
    Retired
    Phoenix
    external speaker quality is better on the Razr, but not by a drastic amount. I have both phones on my account and I'm pretty confident that you will choose the reZound over the Razr. screen, battery, camera, are all better.

7. photon_fanboy

photon_fanboy Newbie
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    allow me to help...just faced with that same decision today

at first I was sold on the razor...but changed my mind and bought the rezound ...heres why

first the razr is new..the rezound is 100 dollars cheaper...the resound also comes with those cool earphones...but one of the biggest surprises I found was the processing speed is faster on the rezound...at least thats what the numbers say...so in the end it was a pretty easy decision...but check the bionic out too...it may also be 200 dollars

8. randpost

None

Dec 24, 2010
    Retired
    Phoenix
    good timing in buying the ReZound. It just dropped 100.00 in price today :)

9. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I use my Rezound in a dash mount card dock often. I can easily hear with clarity my phone conversations and the phone is just barely within arm reach. Keep in mind, I will also have my radio playing as well as a heater blower.. and road noise. The Rezound easily talks over the background and sounds good.

10. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    Thanks guys for all the help. I'm sold on the rezound. I've always had good luck with htc. On the bionic, my cousin is going to get that one. He swears by motorola ever since his droid 2 went through the wash machine (full cycle) then 2 minutes in the drier and it still works today!! The only way you can tell it has water damage is the water marks have turned red.

11. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I would say it is on par with the iphone 4. But still suffers from being on the backside of the phone. It can be loud, but if you lay it down on a surface made of sound absorbing type material, like a soft surface, the sound is severely muffled. I wished they would have placed the speaker somewhere else being that it's a music centric phone.

It is louder and better quality than the Inc 1, and much better than the Inc 2.

It is the best sounding speaker that I've ever heard on an Android phone.

12. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2009
    double post

13. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 25, 2009
    This chart doesn't have the Rezound on it, but it will help compare to other phones. Ie, as people are saying, if it's lounder than the INC 1, then comparatively it's a pretty loud phone:

[​IMG]

Source: Anandtech

14. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    It's louder than the Droid X, that was my previous phone. I find myself turning it down in the house to watch YouTube or play games, something I never had to do with the dx. That said, in loud environments it's obviously harder to hear. I'd say the speaker is adequate, impressive if you consider the size and placement.

15. ItsAboutTime

ItsAboutTime Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    My Rezound external speaker is inconsistent. Sometimes it is very loud, much louder than my older Incredible 2, and other times it isn't nearly loud enough. For example, today I was working on my computer while I had Norton technical help on the Rezound speakerphone. I had the Rezound volume all the way up, and with a couple of other people talking in another part of a big room, I could barely here the Norton help guy. Other times I can play a Youtube video two times in a row, and the first time I play it, I need to turn up the volume to maximum and the second time I play it, I have to turn down the volume way down.

Does anyone else have this problem of very inconsistent speaker volume? I am thinking of trading the phone in under warranty to see if a new Rezound will take care of this problem.

16. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 1, 2010
    The speaker beats the DX and OG by a considerable margin IMO.

17. customcorvette

None

May 7, 2012

yes i do!!! and was wondering the same.... its starts off loud then it lowers itself after 30-sec to a min.!! i am going to take it in under warranty to see if other phones do the same

Tags: