• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is the HD better than the standard Desire?

They are both great phones, The Desire HD is of course better in specs however the Desire does have a better screen, smaller but better, the pixel density is much higher and its gets even better if you have an AMOLED version, also many people including myself prefer the physical buttons of the Desire over the touch ones on the DHD. Another thing the custom ROMs and dev community for the Desire is much better than the DHD, Also the Desire battery life is better (Bigger battery capacity and smaller screen to power)... Finally for some people the DHD is just too big and heavy for alot of people but then many people like that size, I have a Desire but if im honest I would swap it for a Desire HD given the chance as it is better and i like that big size. But honestly thats just me and thats the facts. You really need to go and use both to make your mind up on what you like best, also just by looking at them you can tell the DHD looks nicer ad newer than the Desire. But seriously go try them both if you can :) Good luck :D

Upvote 0
In the car with a navigation app running and phone charging, my Desire got really hot.
In the same situation remains my Desire HD pretty cool.
Probably not related with the prober function of the phones, but it gives me a reassuring impression :)

And real joy makes the Desire HD with its large phone memory available for apps.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones