• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is the note 8 holding up after 1 year?

I was thinking of upgrading from my LG G4 to the note 8, so I was wondering if there are any major issues (like fast battery drainage, overheating...etc) with it after using for around 1 year. I tend to keep my smartphone for 3-4 years minimum, especially since its still so expensive.

I have some lag, and Samsung have replaced my faulty Spen, no thanks to the crapphone warehouse. Other than that all is nice and I have no plans to buy the Note9. Or the 720p crApple phone. 😂

Upvote 0
It's worth checking if anything is draining your battery almost as much as it is being charged overnight. Also think if any new apps have been installed.

It could be a change in environment as well.

I had an issue a while back where I would take it of charge at 6 am and lie in until 9 and it would use 25% battery in the 3 hours.

I was in the attic room at my folks and it was on the cusp of wifi connection. It must have been piling power into the antena to stay connected.

Turned off the wifi overnight and it was fine.

Environment can be an important factor.

Being smack bang between 2 cell towers can cause constant switching and increased battery usage for instance.

I'm back to charging from 50% each day now.

Upvote 0
I have to say that my suspicions are reinforced every year.

I've long suspected that phone manufacturers have been putting a 'obsolescence sensor' in their phones. When the device detects a growing number of texts, posts and articles about a new phone model, they are programmed to begin an accelerated failure rate... driving owners crazy and straight to the store to replace it with the latest (and most expensive) model.

I have owned Jeanette (my Note8) for less than a year... but as soon as I started looking seriously at the Note9, she went into rebellion. Random freezes, failure of paired devices to connect, and general sluggish behavior. Is it just me, or is it a trend?

She is jealous!

mine is running fine still

that said I still prefer the note 4 screen, I just do not like curved screens.

but I am guessing I have to get used to them

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
I ve been having the best battery charges on my Trusty Android than any other device. The only downside i constantly experience with my note8 is the call volume. it gets so low that i can't hear a thing. i have to use bluetooth earset or speaker.

She is jealous!

mine is running fine still

that said I still prefer the note 4 screen, I just do not like curved screens.

but I am guessing I have to get used to them
i agree.id rather have the note4 screen over a curved screen

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones