1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How Is The Reception/Signal?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heavychevy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

Would like some real world opinions on the reception/signal as I've seen a couple of complaints on that already. Can anyone relate it to the Note 2 in this matter yet?

I use my phone primarily for business, so I have to have a strong signal. That and I refuse to go back to the issues with the S2. I was all set on this phone, but the ONLY deal breaker they could manage from my standpoint, it seems is now questionable.

Advertisement

2. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Android Expert

It's not brilliant but it's not so terrible.

3. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

I'm on EE (orange) and it actually is better reception/signal wise than my Note 2

zendroid likes this.
  4. BobF

BobF Newbie

Are both of you on LTE networks?

5. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

No I'm just on 3g but the phone is the LTE version

BobF likes this.
  6. PrinceOfDorne

PrinceOfDorne Well-Known Member

Not good. The only bad thing I can say about this otherwise great device.

7. LillieBennett

LillieBennett Well-Known Member

One would think that with such a large phone they could put a decent sized antenna in it. Are they still placing the antenna on the bottom?

I live on the outskirts and use a repeater/amplifier to get a reliable signal from Verizon; have to wait until I get the note 3 before test though :)

8. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

TTT, Supposed to pick up my note III today and was wondering if anyone else is finding the reception weak. If it's anything like the S2, there is no way I'm getting it. I'm in a strong LTE area, Atlanta.

9. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

Here in Hong Kong reception is usually quite strong but over the last 2 days that I had my device I have found that it almost never shows full bars on my Note 3. Reception is definitely not as good or strong as my HTC One is. I wonder if this has something to do with all the extra bands that they now have on the new Samsung Note 3 :thinking:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews