1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General how is the sensation better than the samsung galaxy S2 ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KTW, Dec 21, 2011.

1. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    I know the build quality is far superior, but how else is it better ?

Advertisement

2. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast
    None

May 16, 2011
    Male
    Rotorua, New Zealand
    Is it necessary to post multiple threads on the same topic? This has been done so many times before, by yourself included.

3. apl76

apl76 Member
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    England
    Easy..............................IN EVERY WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    if you are going to spend R7000 on a phone then yes...besides...i needed the point of view from HTC users as well. if you look...all the replies on the other thread are from samsung fans only.

5. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    so it has longer battery power, higher frequency ratio, more processing power....uh...you do know the S2 has an exynos chipset right ?

thanks for your reply but I'll need more than that to be convinced.

6. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    HTC Sense is by far the best Android overlay and UI, i find Samsung's touchwiz too iPhone like and a little too simplistic. This and the horrid materials used to build the SGSII were the main reasons i bought the Sensation.

Having used a SGSII extensively at work, i don't regret that decision at all. The real world difference in performance is barely noticeable for someone who is a bit of a techie and was actively comparing the two phones despite the on paper difference.

7. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    UK
    HTC Sense is the number one reason. I just think it is THE best GUI going. And don't ask me to explain why, because it is just that I think it looks and operates so much better. And the widgets are sooooo much better than any others I have found (and paid for!) on the market. Only a personal opinion and others disagree and get rid of it as soon as they get the phone.

The other reason is build quality and feel - as others have put it the Samsung feels like a plastic toy that could break easily whereas the Sensation feels like a well built piece of technology that will last. And if I am going to have it for 2 years I want it to feel and look good when I pick it up.

And for me brand loyalty is also important. This is my third HTC phone and I have been happy with all of them. So why change. And it is important for me that HTC only makes and sells phones. Samsung makes and sells all sorts of things. You have heard about the jack of all trades being the master of none? Just a feeling that is all.

And I am not so sure that the alleged "better" spec really makes a lot of difference. My Sensation is fast enough to keep up with me - anything faster would therefore make no difference to me. And as for battery life, I just bought myself a couple of Anker batteries for diddy squat on Amazon.

BTW when you ask people for their opinions about something as subjective as which phone to buy it is best not to get upset if you don't agree with them ;). As I say to to my wife, if you don't like the answer then you should not have asked the question.

8. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert
    None

Ha ha, I say that all the time :D (Not to your wife though ;))

Pretty much what everyone else has said, especially with the UI.

Another thing though is that with the processing power, even if the S2's cpu is better you wouldn't really notice it anyway unless you're playing games.

Also, this becomes irrelevant when you install a custom ROM, I'm overclocked to 1.5ghz and my phone is lightning fast with no lag.

9. mbatson89

None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    Wait till ICS gets overclocked then, it is going to absolutely fly!

10. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert
    None

Just flashing the ICS Android Revolution HD ROM now, can't wait for it to finish! :D

11. mbatson89

None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    You won't be dissappointed! It feels a little laggy at time in its current guise, but not so much that it'll stop it being a daily driver. Considering this is the first ever ICS base to be released though, i can't wait till it gets custom kernel support and the devs really get under the skin with the performance tweeks!

12. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert
    None

Yeah, already up to 5.0.3, I flashed 5.0.0 last night and it was good, a little laggy like you said, only had a play for about an hour as it was bed time, worked today and will on the lash for the next week so hopefully I get some time to have a proper play with it! :D

Had to go back to my nandroid as I needed a completely working phone with all my apps etc for work the next day but can't wait to flash it again!

Loving ICS so far though, a massive improvement! :)

Any plans for a Bricked kernel for ICS for the Sensation?

13. mbatson89

None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    There's already a tweak to force both CPU's online which helps massively with the lag. I know showp is working on trying to reverse engineer the kernel but without the actual kernel source code to work with i imagine it'll be quite unstable for a good while when he does eventually manage to do it

14. mrqs

mrqs Android Expert
    None

i like the high resolution and the aspect ratio of the screen

15. mbatson89

None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    I'm with you on the aspect ratio, it's a shame that some app devs don't seem to support it though :(

16. late8

late8 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    its not.

17. Dual2thecore

Dual2thecore Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    General Contractor
    If you're going to troll, or just try to start a flame war, stick to the Samsung forums.
    This question was asked in the HTC forum, so the op was obviously looking for the HTC Crowds P.O.V. on this subject.
    There's plenty of these threads in the Samsung forums, if you want to be a Fanboi.
    Just my $0.02.

18. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    did a bit more research on the processors. To say the htc has the smarter processor is plasible.

Check this forum:
    androidforums.com/android-lounge/480878-cortexa9-vs-tegra-3-a.html

19. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    dont belive me ?.....just take of the back cover of the s2....its a flimsy piece of plastic.

Flimsy plastic vs metal ?

How can you compare ?

Google drop tests then.

20. Dual2thecore

Dual2thecore Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    General Contractor
    Samsung's are know for their love of using plastic in all their devices.
    Even though most of the phone is made of plastic, it's doesn't cost less to buy. :)
    I was set on getting a Samsung, but after feeling them, I was easily discouraged.
    That's not to say HTC is perfect though.
    I really wanted the Amaze, the bulky screen turned me off.
    If the screen didn't protrude past the case I would own one.
    I was afraid I would damage the screen after the 1st drop.
    I'm very happy with the sensation.

21. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Male
    Risk Analyst
    Christchurch, NZ
    It's not Samsung.

22. Dual2thecore

Dual2thecore Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    General Contractor
    Then who's to blame???

When you put a product out with your name on it, it's pretty obvious who's to blame.

Who signs off on all the devices before they show up on the shelves?

@ the end of the day/night.
    SAMSUNG...

23. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    heres a thread that may help:

http.com//androidforums.com/lounge/467491-htc-sensation-vs-samsung-galaxy-sii-ultimate-face-off.html

24. Dual2thecore

Dual2thecore Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    General Contractor

25. KTW

KTW Guest
    None
    thanks for fixing the thread :)

i just cant get it to work for some reasons. I use opera mini on a nokia E72. My htc snaps in repairs - i like my snap alot but if only it wasnt falty.

As you could see the samsung scored much higher on processing power that was fair.

Is my other link falty about the processors. You will see the sensation and s2 processors someware at the bottom.

But to summarise it:
    the s2 processors focus on one specific task making it do that task quiker but when say for example you get a message you have a higher chance of experiencing lag then on the sensation, why ?....because the sensation only uses one core at a time thus leaving the outher one available for as i used in the above example an sms or any other thing.....then this is my favorite thing about the sensation processor.....as you know it runs on an S3...now an S3 has the ability to underclock itself....resulting in saving battery life.

Please tell me if i misunderstood and talking rubish.

:)