• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is the voice quality and sound on this phone??

About all I've noticed is that if you have your call volume turned all the way up and the person calling you either has a dumbphone or they use their outdoor voice, the caller can distort into buzz.

Of the phones I have had, the speaker on this one puts out the most tolerable music and voice. If the sound seems overly bright, that can be eq'd out with PowerAmp. It's a small speaker, and even though it's twice the size of the D1's, it's nothing special.

Upvote 0
I just switched to this phone from the htc inspire and the speaker is amazing on the thunderbolt! I liked everything about the inspire except the speaker - it literally had NO sound and you could barely hear when speaking with someone on the phone.

I think the thunderbolt sound is far superior to also my old iphone 3gs.

Upvote 0
I just switched to this phone from the htc inspire and the speaker is amazing on the thunderbolt! I liked everything about the inspire except the speaker - it literally had NO sound and you could barely hear when speaking with someone on the phone.

I think the thunderbolt sound is far superior to also my old iphone 3gs.

What about the earpiece.

Upvote 0
The earpiece is very good compared to the inspire. I had to turn the call volume up to the highest setting on the inspire and still could not hear well. The thunderbolt is barely turned up and I hear the person I am speaking with loud and clear. It is as good - or better - than my daughters motorola droid 2 global and much better than the iphone 3gs.

Upvote 0
Call quality is good. And can be adjusted in the settings. Dial ##program password 000000. I made apost on this months ago w more detailed directions.

Speakerphone is ok and no better or no worse than any other smartphone. Imo. I have yet to own a Verizon phone w a really good speakerphone. Don't know why they can't all be loud like the Nextels were . Stupid if u ask me

Upvote 0
i have had no issues with voice/volume on this phone. it is PLENTY loud with a sense based ROM. i can go with the volume at 50%. and i dont have any problems with others not hearing me. i would say it is louder than my old Droid X. and like i said, i never had any complaints about any phone i have had in the last 2 years (droid, droid x, and thunderbolt)

Upvote 0
Call quality is quite good through the earpiece in my opinion, quite clear. The speakerphone is either too quiet or if turned up deteriorates into distortion. I wouldn't want to use it for important business but its passable. My OG Droid had a superior speakerphone. I've had multiple thunderbolts and a Charge. It beats the hell out of the Charge call quality I can say that much, it was horrendous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones