• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How is your battery life?

Mine did until I recalibrated it. Charge it until it is at 100%, then take the battery out without unplugging the phone. Wait for a few minutes, then replace the battery. That's what I did anyway. There was a post that gave these directions.

So this method holds the charge 100% after unplugging the power cord?

Ya, this method didn't work for me. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Mine does this too. It started doing this 3 days after I got it, I had it for about 2 months now. My TU also did this so it doesn't really bother me.

Ya, mine did it from day one, I've returned my S2 back to Boost and ordered another S2, thanks goodness for 30 days return policy! The new S2 did the same thing therefore, I'm beginning to think that this is normal, which is kinda odd if you ask me. My ZTE Warp and Samsung Prevail didn't do this.

But the funny thing is when I called Samsung to troubleshoot this issue they were surprised as I am. :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Mine does it. Only recently with the new fl04 flash did it not go immediately to 99%. Also I havent calibrated the battery using battery calibration app. Stock rom and cm 10 both did it for me though

I did notice that FL04 will put a notification in the top bar when charging is complete telling you to unplug charger.

What I really want is inductive charging. Having a Powermat battery would be rather nice to have. I don't want the adapter thing, kinda defeats the point having to plug in something.

Upvote 0
So I got a new S2 and I notice the battery still goes to 99% from 100% fully charged right after you unplug the power cord.

Does everyone's S2 does this?

Ok, looks like this is an issue with S2 (Stock version). I've tried it with three different brand new S2 and they all does this.

I haven't Rooted or installed custom ROM yet. I'm waiting on the stock Jelly Bean update before I mess around with the custom ROM. :D

Upvote 0
Ok, looks like this is an issue with S2 (Stock version). I've tried it with three different brand new S2 and they all does this.

I haven't Rooted or installed custom ROM yet. I'm waiting on the stock Jelly Bean update before I mess around with the custom ROM. :D

Why wait? You can have it now GA10 is awesome, and you could always flash back to stock to get the OTA update to the released JB. Besides I am sure they will have the stock JB release on the repository once it is out too.

Upvote 0
Why wait? You can have it now GA10 is awesome, and you could always flash back to stock to get the OTA update to the released JB. Besides I am sure they will have the stock JB release on the repository once it is out too.

Haha...yea I haven't pulled the trigger to putting the customer ROM, I thought I would play with the stock for now. But, the way JB update keep being delayed and you guys bragging about it makes me want to flash it now. :D:D:D

Upvote 0
I don't use any "battery savers" I believe in going "natural", last time I used JuiceDefender. Worst decision I could've ever made, I had to factory reset my phone because it disabled the 3G connection and it wouldn't turn back on. After that, I was scouring the internet hoping that I would find an answer to my issue. I just use my phone with the brightness at the lowest setting, it still seems to be a little bright but it saves battery by approximately one to two hours from the "automatic" setting.

Upvote 0
Haha...yea I haven't pulled the trigger to putting the customer ROM, I thought I would play with the stock for now. But, the way JB update keep being delayed and you guys bragging about it makes me want to flash it now. :D:D:D

I would hurry if I were you... I just noticed your post was dated 1/03/1970! You are way ahead of us ALL haha!
... Edit... Eh never mind it's updated now. Looks like I was the only one that was able to get a chuckle out of that one!

Upvote 0
The only thing I mainly do is text. I don't watch netflix, have 3g and 4g (don't have in area anyway) off because I'm usually @ my place using wifi (which is off when sleep), the brightness is all the way down, shut off after 30 seconds, i have the original orange background which came with the phone (wanted to change it to black but it doesn't have a black background on the phone). When I have it @ work due to the fact that we have bad signals in the building I usually put it in airplane mode so the phone won't try to find a good signal. I have tried everything...at one point when I first got the phone is was @ 77% discharge and going on 13 hours plus

211s8t0.jpg

Does anyone think re-calibrating the battery will do it any good such as draining battery and charging it back to 100% and etc?

I know I will probably have to order a better battery or end up rooting phone (which I didn't want to) ....

any advice on this?

Upvote 0
Haha, well once you start adding apps, widgets, and etc it will drain any batteries. Altho, I finally decided to add a custom ROM and other tweaks and it does give you better battery life for sure. There are a lot of great custom ROMs, MODs, tweaks, and etc out there for our phone. I highly recommend you trying it out.

But if you insist not trying, someone recommend Watchdog Task Manager to see what app is causing battery drainage....good luck.

Reactions: Bizzy1
Upvote 0
android tuner. set firewall. block unwanted or uneeded apps accessing the web. i dont use Juice Defender, and get about 12-14hrs

But i trained my battery, as you should with any electronics,
let it charge full to 100% and discharge (shutoff) fully, do this several times, if not as a normal habit and you'll notice.

il use wifi tether alot and use wifi for home connection....display is ALWAYS up high for me.

when i charge the battery to 100%, after i unplug it, it stays at 100% for about 15min-30min....

so you basically want to block unwanted apps being used or accessing the web,
even use ADFREE to rewrite your host file, so those Ads dont call home.

I have GPS on..always

using the Touched By S4 Rom/kernel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones