1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General How long are you willing to wait before you give up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rocket97, Jul 26, 2011.

?

How long are you going to wait?

1. Aug. 4th.... I have waited long enough.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Sept. 1st, Ill give it a little while longer.

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. End of the year, I can am in no rush.

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Until it(they) come out, I have decided this is what I want!

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I have already given up hope.

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. rocket97

rocket97 Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    Madison, AL
    How long are you willing to wait for the Bionic/SGSII before you are just going to give up on them and get something else?

Advertisement

2. Jerm13

Jerm13 Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    I will keep on waiting until a dual core LTE phone with 1GB ram and a 4.3"+ screen is available.

It is very sad it is taking Verizon so long to get on that.

3. MicroNix

MicroNix Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    If nothing else launches on 8/4, I'm pretty sure it will be the D3 for me. Not what I wanted but I've been without my D1 since the end of May and am not paying for a data plan without a smart phone any longer. Not happy right now with VZW, Moto or Samsung. If I could import a CDMA SG II right now I would.

4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    Since this is a Bionic thread, I voted before seeing that you included the SGSII.

My plan is that if the Bionic and SGSII are officially announced as releasing in August, I'm going for the SGSII. The slightly faster processor (rumored) and the Super AMOLED Plus display (rumored), if true, are fantastic specs.

And, I've been so fed up with the lack of communication from Motorola that if they release within a few weeks of each other, I'll go with Samsung partially out of spite.

5. rocket97

rocket97 Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Systems Engineer
    Madison, AL

yeah I included both because it seems to be a consensus among most people in here that those are the 2 phones at the top of everyone's list. For the same reasons as you I am leaning towards the SGSII myself especially with the way Moto has been keeping us in the dark. The only thing that would hold me back from the SGSII is if it doesn't have the 4G capability.

6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Bought the thunderbolt this weekend. Only chance I have at Bionic is if it releases Aug 4th, and it is worth the swap.

7. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Male
    Honolulu, HI
    Verizon has offered me an early upgrade but my 20 months isn't until March of 2012. That's also when they say I will be elegible for an additional "Loyalty" discount. I also think I will have a $50 NE2 then also. (Unless that's what they're calling their "Loyalty" discount now)

I'll be looking at what's available in phones then. Rumor has it that the 2nd generation LTE radios will be coming out around the end of the year too. So maybe the Dinara will be available then.... Just have to wait and see. (there will be lots of changes in Verizon phones by then I'm sure)

Patiently/impatiently waiting.....

8. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    More and more, I'm thinking of just scrapping the Bionic. The only thing that will keep me loyal to Motorola is if the Bionic blows away all rumored specs.

Note the specs for the Motorola Atrix, released 6 MONTHS AGO

4'' qHD display
    4G
    16 GB onboard memory
    1 GHz dual-core processor
    webtop enabled
    Gingerbread OS
    1930 mAh battery
    5 MP camera
    front-facing camera

Oh yeah, and it's $99 with a new plan or upgrade.

So you're telling me that the long delayed Bionic is so much better and worth the wait? Why, because it has 0.3'' more screen size and an extra 3 MP in the camera?

Give me a break.

If the Bionic actually has the specs that I've heard are in the "Dinara", okay, I'll stay. If I get this Atrix retread, forget it. I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.

9. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    I've posted this a few times already...but if the Bionic comes in Sept., I'm waiting. Yea its only a month after Aug....but its also closer to next year at that point too. And Aug is already pushing it for me. I've had an upgrade since March of this year. If the Droid 3 was LTE I might have grabbed that already.

Droid X1 is hanging in there despite looking like its been thrown to the ground instead of dropped...lol No cracked glass tho, just some scratches. The edges, sides of my phone look worse than the glass. Gorilla Glass ftw, for me anyway. Droid 1 is a solid 2nd phone too....and looks newer than my Droid X1...

10. MtnbikerChk

MtnbikerChk Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    I will wait until the earlier of two things happen:

1. they actually release the phone
    2. Verizon offers another phone that I would want

I've held out this long, what's another month :rolleyes:

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    This is pretty much how I feel. Verizon doesn't have a phone out right now that I want to hold onto for 20 months. So it's either wait on the Bionic unless another dual core 4G device comes out.

The only other possibility would be getting the D3 (I really need to replace my D1), and handing that off when the Bionic does come out (I'll have another upgrade by that point). Or, if I'm pretty satisfied with the D3 and 4G hasn't hit my area, I might could wait on the Dinara, or whatever is out then.

It's truly getting to a point where it might be too little too late with this phone.

12. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky

Big difference being the 4g tech used. VZW is true 4g and requires more juice. Mating the LTE and dual core has been harder than expected to mate them.

13. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    My enV Touch is on it's last limbs. The touch screen has stopped working as of yesterday. With all of the other stuff coming out, I think I'll wait out and see what each manufacturer has to offer before I plunge into Android.

14. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Georgia
    For the most part, this is how a feel. I mean, the SGS2 has been out and is KNOWN to be a kick-ass phone whereas the Bionic is all speculation (and, as you stated, the specs aren't even all that impressive).

The ONLY thing that keeps the Bionic in consideration (for me) is the fact that it has LTE. But LTE is not a HUGE deal for me, so even that isn't much of a enticement. In virtually every other aspect, the SGS2 s*#ts on the Bionic.

15. gemini846

gemini846 Member
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    This. I really don't care what it is, although I would prefer it be made by Moto, or Samsung.

Why? Because that's the only real upgrade to the Droid x.

16. Rhystatic

Rhystatic Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Really it comes down to 4G (Bionic) vs. Everything else better (SGSII). I am in a 4G area and while I might sway later seeing some 4G in action, I would MUCH rather take a certified, time tested, released and proven awesome phone (SGSII) over just 4G. Especially considering I live right by my University and have Wifi at home and on campus at all times.

Especially considering if I keep the SGSII in good shape for ~6months, I could probably resale it for most of my money back and buy the Dinara or some 2nd-gen 4G super phone for close to upgrade price.

17. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    Why are people assuming the SGSII is not going to be 4G?

On that thread, most everyone agrees that it's going to be. Leaked images of the AT&T version shows 4G.

And if it does, I'm not giving the Bionic a second glance.

18. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    I had voted as given up, until I read the first post - since it includes the SGSII I changed my vote to Sept.

Unless the Bionic goes to 2 GB internal, plus several other things, I'm sticking with the SGSII

19. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Georgia
    Hmmmm...I'm going with the SGS2, as well and I'd be curious to know why you chose the SGS2 over the Bionic (I remember you as a respected member on the D1 forums and for some reason I like hearing the opinions of other D1 owners).

20. MicroNix

MicroNix Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    So what is everyone going to do if it doesn't drop in September? :)

21. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    I am just going to wait and see if the rumors are true about the next nexus coming to verizon. By then this the gs2 will all be out so i can see which I like better if the rumors of the nexus coming to verizon are wrong. Moto you lost my sale as the delays worried me about the phone having a bunch of bugs. Not to mention the locked bootloader.

22. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    Because every other carriers 4g uses smaller radios than the lte radios.

23. x026092

x026092 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    MD 20/20
    I can't move until Sept..... so I will make up my mind at that time.... I would be nice to have input from people from this forums.....We'll see.

24. magdelaine

magdelaine Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Female
    Educator, Web Designer, Artist, & Chicken Keeper
    Inyokern, CA
    I'm not johngalt, nor am I respected ;) , but I am a D1 owner. I'm going with SGSII because I finally got a look at the pentile matrix screen. Ugh! Text is fuzzier than my D1. I'm not downgrading on screen quality. Super AMOLED is a huge improvement, IMHO.

25. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Then it is not only bye bye Bionic....but, hasta la vista Verizon!:mad: