• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories How long do the "ebay batteries" keep their charge? Thinking about keeping one in the car

Its not a good idea to leave lithium ion battery's in a hot car, that will kill your battery's life. What I did is keep a spare in my wallet because its so thin and my wallet has a zipper thing, but now iI bought one of those extended 3000 mah batterys off ebay for 12 bucks and it works amazingly well. The back looks alot better than sedios also

Upvote 0
cold kills the battery faster then hot:)

Actually, no. Cold reduces the output of a battery, because chemical reactions happen more slowly at low temps. But warm it back up and everything's back to normal. Excessive heat, OTOH, can break down the chemicals and construction of a battery, causing permanent damage.

If the OP does choose to keep a battery in the car, I'd suggest keeping it in the trunk. It'll get hot, but not as hot as the interior of a car parked in the sun.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones