1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How long do you think for shipment?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tapgamer, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Have you recieved your X?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No :(

104 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. Ravenbrook

Ravenbrook Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Female
    Just called today and spoke to someone that I think my cats are older than. Puts me on hold between 1 and 2 minutes to come back to tell me that it hasn't been shipped yet and "It's on back order and that's why you haven't received it yet". REEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYYYY? I Had NO IDEA! lol

So then she says it'll be shipping out no later than the 24th. Did she really need to put me on hold to read what was on her screen to start with?

Maybe the tracking number will show up soon as I ordered on the 6th in store and it is annoying that people who ordered two days later already have tracking numbers in hand. There is no method to Verizon's shipping madness, that's for sure.

Advertisement

2. daverdfw

daverdfw Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    my order went in on the 4th thru my company, and it says submitted to vendor, so i have no order # or anything and when I call verizon all they tell me is by the 19th, no email for tracking yet either

3. tapgamer

tapgamer Member
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    Just got my shipping conformation

Ordered Friday August 6th, recieved conformation Sunday August 15th, estimated the 18th....WOOOT

4. Dixiecop28

Dixiecop28 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Hey everyone been lurking since I ordered my x on the 6th but thought I would post that I never received a email with shipping info. I called today and they said it was shipped today the 15th with an arrival of the 17th by 4:30

5. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, people shouldn't get their hopes up but I received mine on Friday without ever getting any shipping confirmation email. I ordered by phone on the 4th and right up through Thursday customer support was telling me it would ship on the 19th.

6. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Northern, VA
    Well, I was almost going to post about how poorly I was treated at a Verizon Store this morning when I was trying to upgrade my phone to the Droid X and also change my plan to receive my company plan.

The VZW rep told me that it would cost me $249.99. I told him that I checked earlier and I could get it for $135.99 online. He told me rudely, "If you think you can beat our price, then go beat our price."

Regardless, I went online, upgraded to the DROID X at 10AM this morning. Saw that the expected ship date was going to be 08/31. At 7:30pm tonight I received my FedEx tracking number!! It should be here Tuesday!
    Good luck everyone upgrading/buying today!!

7. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Northern, VA
    I ordered mine today (the 15th) and I received my FedEx tracking number tonight! They said it should ship by the 17th!

8. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    when did you order yours?

9. gunderda

gunderda Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    you apparently missed the part where it was said "ordered at 10 am this morning"

i wish i was as lucky as you op!!! i was hoping i'd get mine by this wed or thursday (ordered on the 12th) but looking like shipping it taking just a couple days longer now.

10. larrydroid64

larrydroid64 Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    I wonder if Verizon just received a massive shipment of Droix X's. That would explain why orders from the past week or so all of a sudden shipped out today. I hope it's true because I ordered mine online Thursday, August 12th, and I would love to get it sometime this week.

11. pigay

pigay Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2010

Ordered on 7th, haven't got tracking number yet.

D**n

12. chammer

chammer Newbie
    None

I'm guessing they got a lot in. I also got my email now that says it shipped today (15th) and will be here by the 17th. My order was placed last Sunday, the 8th.

Can't wait!

13. sund0wn

sund0wn Android Expert
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    I work in an office. It has a window, but it isn't
    In a house, near some mountains.
    as an employee of verizon wireless (not in retail store), i apologize for his behavior. no customer should ever be treated like that. i know it happens. after all, employees are only human. but, that's no excuse. i am really happy to hear that your phone is already shipping, though! welcome to the club. i'm sure you'll love it.

Duckster likes this.
  14. chammer

chammer Newbie
    None

Last year when I upgraded I had to fight like crazy with one Verizon employee after getting an email about my early upgrade discount. It took forever, but he finally said "Sir, that discount only applies if you are renewing your contract which you can do 1 year in". I said durrr...wtf you think I'm trying to do. Anyways, finally got it done but I couldn't understand why he wasn't getting it. Seems like I got the one idiot of the bunch because every other Verizon staff I've dealt with has been awesome, super polite, and super fast. The online ordering system was screwed up at the time and wasn't seeing my upgrade offer that was sent via email so I had no choice but to do it in person.

I'm still amazed that the two times I've had to call Verizon support over the phone the past couple years, I've been connected to a person immediately. No automated menu system crap.

Luckily, last week after getting the same email this year and wanting to dump my BlackBerry, the online ordering went off without a hitch. Gave me my renewal price and the $100 online order discount. Ended up being like $30 cheaper than what I paid for the Storm lol. :)

...and (as per the other thread) like many others, my Droid X shipment email came this afternoon. Will be here on the 17th, and I can't wait! :D

15. daverdfw

daverdfw Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    just called verizon and they gave me a tracking number, i ordered on the 4th, shipped on friday the 12th, will be here tomorrow, coming from Ontario,CA and I am in TX. Excited!!!:D

16. ArrTwoDeeTwo

ArrTwoDeeTwo Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Wow that really is quick! I ordered online on the 10th, and I'm hoping to receive mine this week! I'm waiting for the email with the shipping date. I really hope it comes before the 25th!

17. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    East Alton, IL
    Did you guys that received tracking number today from last week's orders, order through the web site or on the phone? I ordered mine on line last Sunday and haven't received anything yet and was told on the phone today that it would ship on the 25th, which doesn't make sense from what I'm reading here.

18. chammer

chammer Newbie
    None

Jim: From the website.

19. chammer

chammer Newbie
    None

20. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    East Alton, IL
    I guess I can't far behind. Thanks

21. morganspeck

morganspeck Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I finally received notification today. It's shipping 2 day out of Memphis. For some reason FedEx's site shows an arrival date of the 18th, which would be 3 days...

Either way, I'm happy it'll finally be here.

I ordered at 5PM on the 6th.

22. KevTN

KevTN Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    RN/RCIS
    Chattanooga, TN
    I ordered my last saturday and got a fedex confirmation offer that mine has been picked up in Memphis. I can't wait to get rid of my BB storm that I have to pull the bat. on four and five times a day!!!

Kevin

23. Zog Bog

Zog Bog Newbie
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Ordered a new replacement on the 6th which had a ship by date of the 24th. When I called yesterday about a return credit the agent told me to expect the X on the 17th.

For those of you who have problems at the Verizon stores, just call them instead.
    Almost every time I've gone into a store the waiting time and incompetence was astounding. There always seemed to be one or two sales people just standing around trying to look busy while the remaining person took 3X* as long at a task then it would over the phone.

*being generous

24. Ravenbrook

Ravenbrook Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Female
    They aren't technically going to ship it until tomorrow the 16th. They don't ship on Sunday. They just generated a tracking numbers today.

25. morganspeck

morganspeck Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I call shenanigans on FedEx then!

It does make sense that it won't actually ship until tomorrow, but it does irk me that I see things like that.