1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How long do you think for shipment?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tapgamer, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Have you recieved your X?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No :(

104 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. ku4ever2

ku4ever2 Newbie
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Ordered Sat 8/14 by phone. Received no confirmation email (is that normal??). Called back today 8/16 just to check and Verizon CS stated they did see order in system and all they could confirm was deliver by 8/31. Gave me order# but when I plug that in online I get nothing.

So do I get no confirmation until it ships?? That only adds to the agonizing wait. Hoping I dont have to wait another 2weeks.

Anybody have a different story ordering by phone?

Advertisement

2. ArrTwoDeeTwo

ArrTwoDeeTwo Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2010

You should get a confirmation email if you ordered online. I don't think you get it if you went in the store or ordered over the phone. I'm waiting for the stupid shipping email :mad: I hate being patient, I ordered on the 10th and they only sent a confirmation email. I noticed that some people got the shipping email within 7 days of ordering so I hope I get at least the e-mail tomorrow! :(

3. FourAndFive

FourAndFive Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    I ordered mine in store on the 14th, I called today and they said it would ship by the 30th.

4. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    What do you mean you get nothing? Because a weird thing happened to me where the woman I talked to gave me an order number that the VZW Order Status page says is invalid. The woman said that's because the phone hasn't shipped yet. Um. But I have this other number (referred to as the order number in the confirmation email) and when I plug THAT in at the page, it recognizes it. I... yeah I don't know :thinking:

I ordered mine on the night of the 9th and I think it got processed on the 10th. I only have the confirmation email and I'm hoping the phone will ship tomorrow as well!
    As a random p.s., I'm using an Env2 too :p

5. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast
    None

Your order number is not the same as the tracking number that you will get for your shipment. They're completely different.

6. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    The number the woman gave me wasn't a tracking number. She didn't refer to it as such and I didn't think it was either. She specifically said it was my order number and that confused me because I have an order number from the confirmation email and it doesn't match the number she gave me. All I know is the number from the email turns up a status on the Order Status page and the number from the woman doesn't. I have no idea where she got her's and if it's relevant at all :thinking:

7. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast
    None

If it makes you feel better, I got an, "order number," from a rep. over the phone and it doesn't match anything either. Another rep. that I talked to a day or two later said that he has no idea what the number is for or from either.

I ordered in-store, so I do not have an e-mail order number.

8. Quintessence

Quintessence Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Upland, CA
    Lets hope its a good thing. I'm still waiting on your shipment to see when mine shall arrive.

9. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Oh Verizon, you :rolleyes:

One thing I wasn't too sure about is... does region matter? I thought there was a tentative consensus that bigger cities = later shipments? Or something like that? I hope it's not true because I'm in southern California and that would suck.

10. sund0wn

sund0wn Android Expert
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    I work in an office. It has a window, but it isn't
    In a house, near some mountains.
    there is no use trying to find information about your orders. you will be able to find out NOTHING until your phone actually goes into a box, and gets a fedex label. if you are interested in a ship-by date, call a store or CS, and they can tell you. beyond that, just be patient.

11. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    Same here. Order number is not valid, but I confirmed over the phone that the order is being processed, and when I click Upgrade Phone for that line, it's grayed out and says I have equipment on order that has not been activated. That makes me feel a little better. But an email with a tracking number would make me feel MUCH better.

12. Old Man

Old Man Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    For my online order I received e-mails showing both a nine digit Order Number, in one correspondence they dropped the first two "00" digits and called it a Sales Order Number, and a ten digit Internet Order Reference Number. It seems that the Order Number relates to activation and the Internet Order Reference Number to the hardware order, I had to enter the ten digit Internet Order Reference Number in order to check the phone order status online. So some of those having no luck with entering an Order Number might be entering the number related to activation and not to the hardware order.

13. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    Understood...but if we didn't order over the internet, we don't HAVE an Internet Order Reference Number.

14. HES

HES Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Ive been calling CS once a day. Last night I found out that my phone will be here tomorrow.

15. markbb

markbb Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    The order number, I believe, is only for those who ordered it online (that's from verizon's website). I ordered in store and received my tracking number and the fedex link Sunday evening. Some are getting this and some are not, I have no idea why. I would say it seems average waiting time is 7-10 days. Mine is suppose to arrive Wed. and I ordered in store last Friday.

16. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    okay my credit card finally got charged from a purchase this time last week. Does that make my ship date any closer?

17. mdtambo

mdtambo Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Ordered online on 8-10 around noon. live in western New York. Got email for shipping this morning at 10am.....status on Verizon website when entering order number has not changed....FYI
    Picked up
    WEST CHESTER, PA

Shipment Dates

Ship date [​IMG]
    Aug 17, 2010

Estimated delivery [​IMG]
    Aug 19, 2010 by 4:30 PM

18. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    Today is 10 days since I ordered....still nothing, and when I called yesterday, it had not shipped.

19. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert
    None

Jun 15, 2010
    My last reply to this thread ;)

Ordered: 8/5
    Received: 8/16

Good luck everyone :)

Better than I was expecting!!

20. morganspeck

morganspeck Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Now that my X has shipped, I'm reminded once again about why I HATE FedEx.

For all I know, my package fell off a truck, tracking hasn't been updated in over 24 hours. Argh!

21. gunderda

gunderda Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    every time my phone beeps that i have a new email my heart races a little.
    but still nothing.

22. markbb

markbb Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    hmm, my shipping says:

Aug 16, 2010 4:11 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

grrr... update already! its suppose to be here tomorrow so I'm kinda wondering.

23. kushineris

kushineris Member
    None

May 15, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    The shipping makes no sense. I ordered before noon on 8/09 and still have not received any shipping info, but others that ordered after me have. Hopefully i get it by the end of this week my eris is really starting to mess up.

24. AshG

AshG Member
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    My wife signed for mine early this afternoon, 2 weeks after placing the order via *611. I have my Skinomi Techskin and a rubber bumper case (until the Seidio Supercases ship) ready for action when I get home from work.

I am going to try to talk with a VZW higher-up at some point about their shipping policies. I may pull my old tech site out of the mothballs so I can use my journalist credentials. I am curious about how things work.

For example (this was lost when the forum crashed, I want my thanks back!)...
    I ordered my phone via *611 on 8/3. It shipped on 8/13 from Ontario, CA. I live in Tennessee.
    Another person ordered via *611 on 8/4. Their phone shipped from Memphis, TN, on 8/13. They live in Pennsylvania.
    A third person ordered on 8/4 as well, from the website on 8/4. Their phone also shipped on 8/13 from the Pennsylvania warehouse and is headed to Oregon.

Let's look at this with less words... Phone 1 goes from Cali to Tenn, Phone 2 goes from Tenn to Penn, and Phone 3 goes from Penn to Oregon, all on the same day. This is horribly inefficient and points to a poor shipping software design or poor location alignment. How much could they save by shipping regionally?

At the very least, I may give the Consumerist a buzz and see what they can find out.

Member112085 and vr4 like this.
  25. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010

ive taken note of that as im the oregon shipped from PA phone. to top it off....mine was routed thru TN. at the time mine was in TN the person in PA got the notification that their phone was shipping out of TN.

system needs a serious overhaul.