1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How long do you think for shipment?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tapgamer, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Have you recieved your X?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No :(

104 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    Male
    arizona
    my bro when he order his they said it was for the 18th he order it a few days ago. he will end up getting it monday now. but like ashkat said who know i dont think they know what there doing.

Advertisement

2. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Keyboard Smasher
    Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten.

If that's true, that is crazy good news and it feels almost too good to be true.

3. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    Male
    arizona
    you gotta call they will ship it faster if you do i noticed some of the guy on this forum should have it already idk how they didnt get it. good luck with it i hope you get it soon tapgamer

4. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    My coworker went through the process just a little bit before I did and got hers that fast despite having an original date a couple weeks in the future, so I'm hoping I get as lucky.

5. Moonlk

Moonlk Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010

Aha, yeah. I ordered on the third by phone. the day I found out VZW screwed me out of getting it the first time. But I ordered Screen protectors and a black silicone case as well. But as another poster said of it might being shipped out on the 6th, that means we all may have hope of it being on monday. But I was told different information from the CSR on the phone.

CSR told me that it would be shipped out on monday, and if not no later than tuesday. And I should get a tracking number and what not emailed to me. But I hope for the other posters information to be true and not mine, less wait for all of us!

And it seems like most of us here are waiting for our Droid X's..do we have a list here of some awesome apps we need to put on our phone?

6. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
  7. Moonlk

Moonlk Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Nice. I plan on buying a few of the emulator apps just because this brings mobile gaming to a whole new level. Nesoid, Snesoid...and I forget the others.

8. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    I hadn't even though about that. Man, I feel so out of my element coming from a BlackBerry.

9. Moonlk

Moonlk Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    You too?! I'm coming from a BlackBerry Curve 8330. The media card reads..sometimes..I've replaced a broken screen...Its fought the good fight, for sure.

10. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    New Hampshire
    you think thats bad, I'm switching from a samsung RANT that had no data plan.:mad:

11. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast
    None

I'm actually making a list of apps that I can download once I get my Droid. I add to it every day.

paycer's Droid X Apps

The only paid app in the list is Widget Locker. The rest are all free apps. I haven't tried every single one of them, but mostly because I'm not bothering with them on my Ally. Not much point if the phone's memory is going to be erased.

There are a few that aren't on the list that I've already obtained, and therefore have no need of placing them on AppBrain.

Moonlk likes this.
  12. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

does anyone know what email they ship the tracking number to if you ordered it from the store? would it be the email of the primary account holder or the person getting the phone if they made an account on the verizon website?

13. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, I have the original Storm. I loved it at first but it's a snoozefest now and it does something different and weird every day. I can no longer completely close an app by holding the back button, and if it's humid out and I try to click something on the top of the screen, it acts like I'm clicking the very BOTTOM of the screen. It plays random sounds for no reason at all. Etc etc etc. I'm ready to torch it every time I user the browser. I've had it a year and a half and that's the longest I've ever kept a phone, haha. I had toyed with the idea of getting a new phone and would have gotten the iPhone if it had shown up on Verizon, but my roommates got the Incredible and Evo and I got super jealous of the Android devices. My original plan was to get the Droid X to tide me over until a 4G iPhone shows up on Verizon, but I have my doubts that I'll want to do that once I get the Droid X in my hands. I hope to be hooked on Android!

14. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    I would think that if you ordered in the store, it would just go to the account owner unless you asked them to do otherwise. You could probably call them and tell them to email you instead.

15. Sideshowbob492

None

Jul 4, 2010
    Alright, so people who ordered it by phone on the 3rd or 4th are getting it shipped Monday. How does it work if you just ordered it from the website? Does that usually take longer or about the same?

16. Paycer

None

Agreed. IMHO, the e-mail will most likely go to that of the account owner.

17. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Southeast MI
    I ordered my replacement DX on August 3rd about an hour before the Verizon store closed. I dead pixel in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I'm hoping I get it next week.

18. Moonlk

Moonlk Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    So if were getting it shipped monday, then how long does shipping take? 3-4 days?

19. gvillager

gvillager Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    NYC
    2 days at the most with Fedex shipping.

20. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Keyboard Smasher
    Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten.
    Isn't standard shipping 2 days?

I called customer service an hour ago to verify that my order was ok and being processed.

I'm not sure if this means anything but when I called in the automated system stated that their system shows I have new equipment that has not yet been activated and asked if that's why I was calling. I don't know if that message is triggered immediately after the order is in the system or if it means my phone is ready to ship.

I told the CSR that I was just calling to verify my order was in the system and that is was placed 2 days ago. He did ask which phone I ordered and verified with me that I did order it a few days ago. He did state that my order was being processed and he stated at this point it either means it is ready to be shipped or that it is waiting for stock.

At first he said it will probably ship on Monday and then he said there was not a tracking number on my order yet and that usually means that it's waiting for stock. He did say that they will put tracking numbers on orders ahead of time on the weekends so that the phones are ready to be shipped out on the next business day. I didn't press the guy for information but instead let him volunteer everything.

So none of this is earth shattering news, but from the impression that I got there are phones in stock and ready to ship out on Monday

I'll probably call back tomorrow evening around the same time.

21. ugh what

ugh what Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    I got that same automated message yesterday, but I didn't try before that so I'm not sure if it was there before.

They overnight the phones.

22. morganspeck

morganspeck Newbie
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I ordered sometime Friday afternoon. Realistically, it sounds like I could expect delivery by Friday the 13th, 16th at the latest.

23. Paycer

None

Thanks a lot for letting everyone know about that, owen. :D It gives us a little bit of insight on how they're dealing with shipping as far as the Droid X may be concerned. I hope my order goes smoothly. :x

24. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I still think there needs to be a way to speed up time. I mean come on, it's 2010, it's technicly the "future". how has this not happened?

25. tapgamer

tapgamer Member
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    Haha!

Dang friday....thats when i ordered mine but i dont want to wait a week...