1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How long do you think for shipment?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tapgamer, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Have you recieved your X?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No :(

104 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. QDTphotog

QDTphotog Newbie
    None

I'm new to this forum and to the whole smartphone universe. Needless to say, like many of you here I'm extremely anxious to get my hands on the Droid X. I ordered mine online last Thursday 8/12. Did anyone here order that same day? if so have you heard anything? I'm really hoping mine will come soon before the estimate 8/30.

Advertisement

2. Quintessence

Quintessence Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Upland, CA
    They are customer service. They will never care

3. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Are you in the East or the West? If you're in the East, you'll probably get your phone in a week or sooner. If you're in the West, well. Who knows.
    *I'm being slightly sarcastic. According to the shipping trend, those in the East (sort of Northeast... Virginia and up) seem to be getting their phones relatively quickly. I'm not saying this is completely true or anything. But after looking through various forums, it seems apparent that this is what's happening.

Lol yeah I guess.

4. Quintessence

None

Feb 24, 2010
    Upland, CA
    I just got off the phone. Waited 10 mins. The rep came on, I asked her. She replied, "It will get there when it does. Now about this survey here, blah, blah"

5. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    Not true. I'm on the east coast, ordered 8/7...still waiting for tracking info.

6. QDTphotog

QDTphotog Newbie
    None

7. Quintessence

None

Feb 24, 2010
    Upland, CA
    Where are you at?

8. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I was being slightly sarcastic. However, according to the shipping trend (Google if you want to), people in the East (more like Virginia and up) have been getting their phones relatively quickly.

9. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    Well funny you should mention Virginia specifically, but let me assure you, we aren't, as a state, getting preferential treatment. As mentioned above, I ordered on 8/7 and have yet to receive any shipping info.

10. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    Virginia

11. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    East Alton, IL

12. lemlers

lemlers Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    I live in Richmond Va. Placed my order on the morning of the 12th. Got my tracking info this morning with delivery tomorrow.

13. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Maybe you're unlucky? I'm just sharing what I've read because it seems legitimate.

Isn't that more like mid-West? I've been seeing phones going faster to places like Virgina and Pennsylvania.

This is what I mean.

14. Member112085

Member112085 Guest
    None
    In store, online or over the phone? Just out of curiosity. I'm also in Richmond.

15. gunderda

gunderda Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    i ordered on the 12th at like 8:30 in the morning.
    nothing yet for me.

someone else ordered on the 12th and i think they were told there's would ship yesterday but not sure if they've reported back yet.....

16. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    I just want to reiterate that the shipping trend I've mentioned is just a tentative hypothesis, okay? No one has to believe it. It's not like Verizon released a statement saying that that is how they're sending the phones out. I didn't just randomly make the trend up. Other people have also realized it seems to exist (GOOGLE). That doesn't necessarily mean the trend is real, but if you're eager to receive your phone and welcome whatever information other waiting customers have gathered, then feel free to believe it has some validity.

The bottom line is Verizon/Motorola/whoever does whatever the hell it wants whenever the hell it wants. And that sucks.

17. QDTphotog

QDTphotog Newbie
    None

That's awesome! But I'm jealous because I'm also in VA (more up north) and ordered late 8/12. Unless my tracking info is coming tomorrow :D

18. lazybots

lazybots Newbie
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    I ordered my DX online on August 10th with an expected ship date of August 25th (I'm in NY).

To my surprise my DX arrived today (thank god my landlord was around to sign for it). I had not received tracking details or anything from Verizon even though I was told that I'd get it since I ordered online.

For those of you still waiting, don't expect much and have some patience and you will be pleasantly surprised.

19. lancedriskell

lancedriskell Member
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Project Manager
    Alabama
    well, i ordered mine on the 16th, immediately they charge my credit card...... the last thing i read on my online checkout thru VZ is that they wont charge my card until it ships.... ummmmmmmm.... little help...... little help here!!!!

20. gunderda

gunderda Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010

really? can anyone else confirm this???

21. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    I have no idea, but for me, my card was charged a couple days after I ordered the phone. That was the 12th (as in I ordered on the 9th and was charged on the 12th) and it's now the 18th and I haven't received any kind of email about shipping so :/

22. larrydroid64

larrydroid64 Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    I ordered mine online Thursday, August 12th around one p.m. I called CS Monday the 16th and was told mine would ship August 17th. I haven't gotten the phone yet and haven't received any tracking information. Hopefully I will get tracking information in the next day or so. I feel the frustration everyone else feels, but I guess it is just a testament to what a sweet device the Droid X is and none of us wants to live one more day without it. I have been a devoted Blackberry user for 6 years, and I think if I have to live one more day without my Droid X, the world will end. Ultimately, the wait will be forgotten, and we will all be happy we have Droid X's in our hot little hands.

23. Quintessence

None

Feb 24, 2010
    Upland, CA
    What a joke

24. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    If true, congrats. With all due respect, I doubt it though.

I decided to call CS today, just out of curiosity. I got nice courtious CS as usual for when I call Verizon (in store, forget about it!). I played dumb, not a big stretch for me lol. Anyway I told her I was worried I missed my shipment because the web site said it would ship by the 18th. I do believe it said the 18th but I could be mistaken. She said you ordered on the 8th, your due the 25th. She said they are selling so many they are sending bigger than normal shipments to stores. She also said I may have seen it say ship date of the 18th if the site hadn't been updated yet.

What I don't understand with the mad dash for the incredible, I4 and other previously super hyped products why they didn't gear up and make sure they had plenty to go around. I'm starting to think they are intentionally keeping supply lower than demand to feed the hype.

So, whose waited the longest to receive their DX?

25. itsnotashley

itsnotashley Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Your doubt is completely justified but I don't think this is impossible. Someone from Maryland ordered on the 12th and got a shipping notification on the 18th.

I definitely think Verizon is doing something dishonest.

I've been waiting about ten days I guess (including weekends).