• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long do you think for shipment?

Have you recieved your X?

• Yes

Votes: 72 40.9%
  • No :(

Votes: 104 59.1%

• Total voters
What the heck? I ordered mine several days before that and so far--nothing!! I know there's people who ordered before me who have heard nada as well. I hate that there appears to be no system or pattern for this!:mad:

Edit: I just checked on the Verizon site and where it once said "Your order is being processed. Please check again tomorrow."

I now have this Bull Crap: "Due to overwhelming inventory demands, your DROID X by Motorola order will ship on 09/17/2010"

Granted that's the original date they stated, but we all know they've pretty much been shipping 7-10 days early. Verizon--you suck!!

Wow shipping on the 17th. Score!

But really, Verizon and their ordering system is like Mel Gibson at an open bar Bar Mitzvah....nothing good can come of it.

Upvote 0
Who is the VZW guy? Are you on the inside or did you buy your X from a van in an alley because this sounds shady? :cool:

His name is Philip and he was fromthe Internet Orders department. I called VZW for like five minutes to make sure that FedEx wasn't going to pull one of their classic moves and just show up on my doorstep with a package and if I didn't get it blame the customer for failure to receive. UPS is better to ship with IMO. Better customer service at least in my area.

Upvote 0
you called them and then you get an email...

i should call them..

Just do what I did. Call and be like hey I ordered on this haven't gotten anything yet just making sure that what I've got is what you've got so Fedex isn't going to show up on my doorstep like hi I'm your mailman! And see what they say. I'm not getting it any sooner than the projected date lol. Well by a day but I won't be able to get it cause I'll be in college classes all day. So it'll be the 14th.

Upvote 0
what number did you call? just customer service?

Yep and mentioned I had ordered on the 31st had gotten no notifications of shipment or een processing and that I was a prompt person and could someone verify what I was seeing here was what they were seeing and there was no mix up and they transferred me to their Internet ordering department and I got Philip. He said if you call back I'm the only Philip in this department so you could try asking for him if you want. Lol pleasant man. Good southerner.

Upvote 0
What the heck? I ordered mine several days before that and so far--nothing!! I know there's people who ordered before me who have heard nada as well. I hate that there appears to be no system or pattern for this!:mad:

Edit: I just checked on the Verizon site and where it once said "Your order is being processed. Please check again tomorrow."

I now have this Bull Crap: "Due to overwhelming inventory demands, your DROID X by Motorola order will ship on 09/17/2010"

Just FYI, I had the site tell me the same thing about the exact date it should ship on, I still got it earlier than the date quoted.

Upvote 0
OK, I give up! After I got the update that said it would ship no sooner than 9/17 due to low inventory and high demand, I get the shipment notification email a couple hours later.:thinking:

Order Date: 9/3
Ship By Date: 9/17
Actual Ship Date: 9/09
Expected date of arrival: 9/10

Fed-Ex tracking info says it will be delivered tomorrow by 4:30!! Hell yeah-er!!!

I ordered on the 3rd too, and nothing yet.

I live in the Buffalo NY area, has anyone around here been receiving your phone? if so, share date purcashed and received if you know. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones