1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How long do you think for shipment?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tapgamer, Aug 6, 2010.

?

Have you recieved your X?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. No :(

104 vote(s)
    59.1%
  1. Moonlk

Moonlk Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    People getting theirs shipped has been awful awkward with times..but as a poster said, if you dont get a confirmation for shipping at least a week after ordering..just call them. Might be problems ahead, ye scurvy dogs.

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    With all due respect, I don't think I've ever seen any kind of business ordering system that doesn't generate an email to you containing, at the very least, an acknowledgement of having placed the order and it's a pretty big red flag to not get one.

You probably should have contacted their support department a while ago. Someone, somewhere has your order number if it was placed. Don't take no for an answer.

3. mhashem89

mhashem89 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    I ordered on Aug. 4. So i probably won't be receiving anything for a couple of days now, cause people who ordered on the 2nd are just now receiving their tracking number. Hopefully not too much long

4. razmataz92

razmataz92 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    ya im sure i ordered it because it took me to the page that said print this receipt for your records but i assumed id get an email which i never got...now when i call they have no idea what to do with me so they keep transferring me i got annoyed and hung up. idk what i should do its been a week now i havent got an email. on my online verizon page it shows that im still eligable for an upgrade even though i ordered my droid. is that supposed to happen?

5. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

exactly, mine was less than 5 hours from my house but they probably didnt bring it to the city near me that has all the fedex stuff

6. Willyg44

Willyg44 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Did you get billed for it yet? As far as upgrades, mine still shows I have an upgrade available, and just received my shipping notification. I would call again and if they don't know what they are doing, tell them you would like to speak to a manager, because you have been very displeased with being transferred continuously.

7. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    MICHIGAN
    I ordered mine over the phone on the 3rd and the nimrod forgot to give me the order number. So I asked if he can go back and get it for me and he said he didn't know how to return to the order screen(but that I would be receiving an email with all that information). So here I am a week later and no email for shipping or even order confirmation which he told me that I would be receiving.

I go into my account online and it clearly shows that I have been charged for the phones but have yet to be emailed for it. WTF? I will probably wait a few more days and see what happens. I haven't gotten pissed yet but I am getting a little upset....:(

If they show up though all will be forgotten, I just want my new damn toys!:D

8. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    Guys... I don't understand this whole thing. They have an ordering and inventory management system. There is no reason to accept "I don't know" or "I can't look up your order number" for an answer. That's bull****.

Someone can look up your order number. Call them and find that someone. The squeaky wheel gets the grease here. Why the heck are you guys waiting a week for an email with your order information? The email ain't coming. It was generated automatically when your order was processed - at no other time will the confirmation email get generated.

Call.

9. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    texas
    As I sit and here and read emails sent just an hour ago that my phone wont be shipped until the 23rd. My girlfriend just sent me a text saying fed ex just dropped it off. I am happy there all morons

10. Trimble1

Trimble1 Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    St. Clair, Michigan
    I've been reading this post for days now, wondering how everybody got an email notification. I ordered my phone on the first of August from VZ store. I haven't rec'd squat via email, so I just called the store and lo and behold the girl told me it looks like phone will be at house today. She gave me a FedEx tracking number and woohoo it will be at the house when I get home from work, or soon after. All without any kind of email, so hang in there people your phone is probably on its way. Phone came from Memphis TN to Port Huron MI in two days. Good luck.

jim

11. Moonlk

Moonlk Newbie
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    It goes all that way to MI in two days..but it takes the same amount of time to get from Memphis to Greeneville TN. Fedex, I'm Fed up!

12. meezi

meezi Newbie
    None

May 10, 2010
    Nm answered my own question... Good luck guys it's coming, mine was originally supposed to ship the 18th/19th as the website stated. After seeing that people were getting it earlier then the quoted ETA. I just waited after ordering it 8/1 and got a shipping confirmation yesterday and received it today.

13. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm in New Hampshire, so I'll most likely get it next year.

14. razmataz92

razmataz92 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    your in the exact same boat as me...hopefully we just get the phones without any email lol.

15. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

it took me 8 days to get an e-mail (ordered on 1st, got it on 9th)

16. BIG CAT 7

None

Aug 5, 2010
    MICHIGAN
    Ok after stewing about it for a few minutes I called. Got a very nice rep on the phone and explained what was going on. She then apologized for no order confirmation email or tracking email and then she proceded to say that it shipped on the 8th and will arrive tomorrow. She then text me the tracking # so I can check it for myself.

As of this point an email is pretty much useless now that I have had to call and take care of it myself. Very sad but I am very excited that I will have both Droid X's delivered tomorrow!!!!!!

17. BIG CAT 7

None

Aug 5, 2010
    MICHIGAN
    Well hell if they were delivering yours today they could have just dropped mine off today too. I am in Ann Arbor, lol..

18. jboogie80

jboogie80 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    I ordered my phone from the Verizon store on the evening of 8/2 and was quoted a deliverty date of the 13th or 14th. I just went home for lunch and there was a note on my door that FedEx had tried to delivery my package so I will go pick it up after the time they gave me on the slip. I never received an email or anything so I wasn't even expecting it to be delivered today. But I thought others maybe wanted to know the timeline I had from my order versus when I received it.

19. Ssully

Ssully Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Ordered mine on the 30th of July an just got it in today. No email reminder or anything.

20. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales Professional
    Bay City, MI
    Got it today!!!!

21. JediZombie

None

Aug 6, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hate you right now.;)

22. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales Professional
    Bay City, MI
    You'll get it soon bro, and this thing is a beast. I love it. And they say love at first sight doesn't exist.

23. JediZombie

None

Aug 6, 2010
    New Hampshire
    i still want to figure out if there is a difference in shipping time between online and in-store orders

24. aiqbal09

aiqbal09 Newbie
    None

May 3, 2010
    ordered mine from amazon last nite and they just shipped it out. will arrive on the 12th

25. razmataz92

razmataz92 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    ok so after calling verizon a million times with each person giving me bs about how they cant find me a tracking number i finally got through to a supervisor and got my tracking number. i complained to them that i never received my order number or an email with a tracking number. my droid x should be here tomorrow! i cant wait.